𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲

MIKE WHEELER. Known for his little miss perfect girlfriend, Jane. They had been together ever since Freshman year. They were reasonably inseparable.

If it weren't for Jane, Mike would never have gained the popularity that he did.

Popularity-the thing I hate most. It's not like I didn't want to become popular, it's that I just couldn't.

Max was my only friend, who had been my best friend ever since we met that day at the Arcade. We became close friends since then, bonding as time went on. Other than Johnathan, Max was the only one to know about the fact that I was gay, and who I liked..

Mike, on the other hand, had been my best friend ever since we met in the third grade when he called out to me whenever I was on the swings by myself. But that all changed when we got to high school.

Mike had walked in, shoulder to shoulder with me, when he noticed Jane, walking with a group of cheerleaders, completely oblivious to Mike staring at her, until she turned around. When he saw him she smiled slightly at him, waving her fingers at him with a coy look on her face.

He was immediately caught in her trance. He would always talk to her during and between classes, they would always hang out during lunch, they never stopped talking.

Now I know your first thought is, "Will, stop being so resentful, they are perfect for each other." Well, I mean, yeah, try to think of it that way. I can't help but feel annoyed when I see them hanging out.

Mike had promised me before we walked in the school on the first day that he wouldn't leave my side, that we would be best friends together, forever. Yet he still ditched me to swap spit with some stupid girl that he barely even knows.

Everything had changed, though, on April 22nd, of 1988, exactly one month after my birthday.