𝐀𝐦 𝐈... 𝐆𝐚𝐲?

MIKES PERSPECTIVE

Shit. Mike, what did you do?

The voice in Mike's head repeated itself, growing louder as grew painfully aware of what he had just done.

Will Byers... not the first person he expected himself to stare at.

What was up with that? At one part of the day, he's making out with Jane like always behind the bleachers during school, and at the next, his heart was pounding as he's staring at fucking Will Byers.

What does this mean? What is this feeling? Mike's thoughts echoed in his head as his heart picked up again.

Mike sighed and drew his focus back on where he was and who he was with. He watched as his friends went into Scoops Ahoy. He looked up towards Steve who gave a little head movement as if to say "what's up."

Mike walked through the group of friends up to the counter, next to Jason, who he just realized at the moment, was shorter than he had initially thought. Steve walked over to Mike and handed him the same order that he always got. Mike took it and set the money on the counter without a word before turning and walking away.

As the rest of his friends were ordering, he slumped over on the side of the wall, peering down at the people walking below him. He saw girls with tattoos passing by, guys with bleached blonde hair laughing with their friends.

He looked over to where Will and Max were sitting. They were laughing and hanging out, nudging each other, pointing at random people walking by.

Mike felt a twang of jealousy flood through him and he clenched his jaw. He sighed and shook his head. Mike knew this feeling, he felt it back when he first met Jane, in the hallway of their school, during freshman year.

But why was he feeling this now?

Did he like Will? No, no. That couldn't be possible. He had a girlfriend that he loved a lot. There's no way something like this could happen to him in the best relationship he ever had. I'm not fucking gay, Mike thought to himself, that's gross.

Mike looked at the ground, trying to stop himself from picturing what it would be like to-

"Hey, Mike!" Dustin called, "We're gonna head back to Lucas' house and chill for the rest of the day, you coming?." Dustin asked Mike. As Mike looked up, Dustin, Lucas, Jason, and the others were already standing around him.

He joined them as they headed towards the escalators and met Jane and her friends at the bottom. As they made their way to the door, Mike stopped himself once more to turn back and look for Will amidst the crowd of people before he turned away and made his way out of the door and into the parking lot.