Chapter 4: No place like home

It has been 2 years since I had woken up as Crescent. Though it was not the afterlife I had asked for, I would never trade it for anything else. 

Error and Cross soon warmed up to me, especially after I started to cut them some slack. And every once and a while Fresh came to visit, of course it he only came when Nightmare was not there and I was somewhat alone. We seemed to have some kind of mutual respect.

One of my most memorable days so far had been when I said my first word. Killer had been making coffee in the kitchen while I was siting on the floor close by. He had spilled the hot drink onto himself.

"Shit." 

The moment had been almost to perfect as Nightmare had walked into the room drinking his own morning drink.

I innocently repeated the word. Nightmare had practically choked and Killer had burst out laughing. Nightmare was not sure weather or not to be proud or angry. He soon settled for silent fury that lasted a day or to.

After that I slowly began to string more words together, I didn't talk much because I didn't want to over do it but enough so it seemed normal.

Nightmare had noticed my great magic control and was hoping to start my training as soon as I was of age. I was still not completely sure what kind of future he had for me but at this point I was just rolling with it.

At the moment I was drawing on the floor, crayons and paper littered around the place. Horror was watching me today, through out the few years of being here, I had gotten time with each of the gang members, Horror was probably my favorite caretaker. He was kind and gentle with me but never seems to treat me like a dumb child. 

I was currently drawing a yellow flower that look very similar to Flowey, I had thought about adding eyes and a smile just to make it look more like him but I didn't want Nightmare or any of the others getting suspicious of me and I was pretty sure I had never seen or heard anything about Flowey from the gang.

I let out a sound of frustration, feeling bored now. Horror looked away from the TV giving me a questioning look.

"Chocolate?" I asked. this being one of my favorite words.

Horror gave a nod, getting up and going to the kitchen to make me a cup of chocolate milk. We were both skeletons of few words.

Killer had been complaining about how I had to much chocolate, he quickly made his way to being second favorite parent. 

Horror came back with the nectar of the gods, he handed me to cup and picked me up and placing me down on the couch. Seeing I was done with drawing.

"...Movie?" He asked.

I nodded, drinking the chocolatey goodness. Horror made quick work of putting away the crayons and paper, coming back, siting next to me and putting on a random dog movie.

I watched it contently.

There was some parts of the movie that gave me a feeling of deja-vu, had I seen this before? 

It struck me to realize I had watched this in my past life. I felt a twist in my soul. I had not really thought about who I was before in a long time. Sure I thought about my knowledge of Undertale and all of that but I never really thought about my self... 

I was hit with another realization that I could not remember my name... my old name. At that I started to try and remember other things, but it all came up blurry and jumbled.

The only thing I seemed to remember clearly is drowning... well that's just lovely.

I wondered why I remembered the Undertale fandom so well but not my own name or everyday life. I guess it didn't matter now, not like I can go back and even if I could... would I?

I looked over at Horror.

The skeleton was fixated on the dog with a predatory gaze a small bit a drool leaking from his mouth. I looked over at the other side of the room at the sound of a portal opening.

Most of there clothes where singed, like they had all been set on fire.

"Oh man that was awsome!" Killer said gleefully tossing is knife up and catching it was practiced skill.

"Did you have to throw it at me?!" Cross whined, he seemed to have the worst of the burn marks, his hood having a small bit of flame still on it.

"Well maybe you should have thought I bit quicker and thrown the damn thing instead of blubbering like an idiot" Dust commented, patting the small flame on Cross's hood out.

"HOw tHe FuCk dID yOu EveN GeT a BoMb KiLler?" Error asked, his cloths where untouched by the fire.

"That's for me to know and you guys to never find out." He said cheerfully.

"I'm surrounded by idiots." Nightmare said grumpily, walking passed them with an eye roll.

Everyone watched him disappear into the direction of his office before bursting into laughter.

I felt a smile tug at my mouth, they might be crazy psychopathic skeletons but there my crazy psychopathic skeletons. Nope, I wouldn't trade this for the world.

A/N: *Breaths* "I'm back! and this is finished! I might just end it here, not much I can do with it, but I'm open to new story ideas anytime and appreciate feedback!"

A/N: And now you're trying to run away and abandon it?! Sorry past me but this is NOT where this story ends. Your gonna continue it and sure your gonna try and ignore it for a bit but your notifications will never stop, and the comments are just so sweet so your gonna cave and pick it back up again and then leave for a LONG time and then your gonna come right back because even after all that time people still want MORE. SO WRITE.