12.

I spent the night falling into and out of sleep. I toss and turn until the sun rises. I check the time and it's only 6:00am. Fuck. I could have slept more but why is my brain so awake??

I jump out of bed and wash up since it doesn't look like I'm gonna get anymore sleep, sadly. I don't even have class until 10:30...

I eat and chill on the couch until it turns 9:30 and quickly get ready before heading out. I decide to walk since it's not far and I'm sorta hungover... I'm so pathetic I get hella drunk after one cup of beer. 

I breath in the fresh air while I walk to university. The blue skies and Everest green grass is just making this terrible day, a tad bit better. 

I put in my airpods to really enjoy the moment and since it's morning its less likely I'll get kidnapped. But who would really kidnap me? I'm too ugly for that nonsense. 

I get to campus and reach the coffee shop on campus since I need more then one cup of coffee today to stay awake and sane. 

"Hi, can I get a vanilla iced latte with 2 extra shots? In a size large please." I say to the worker at the coffee shop in our campus. 

"Of course will that be all?" she says making me think. Will anyone I know want coffee? Well Jiwoo, Namjin, and... No! No guy friends. But Jake... He took me home yesterday... Fuck it. It's a goodbye coffee right?

"Uhm actually can you add 5 more vanilla iced lattes without the extra shot? And all of those in a large size. Thank you so much." I say while handing the worker my card. I see her widen her eyes at the large order and I chuckle at it. 

I wait at a small table for my order to be ready and revise the notes I took for today's small exam. It's only worth about 20% of our grade but still, if I ace this it's a better chance of me graduating with honors. 

"Park Chaewon-sshi! Your order is ready!" I hear in the train of thoughts in my head. I pack up my stuff and quickly grab the drinks to pass out when I see them.

I head to my first class where, thankfully, Heeseung isn't in. But sadly, Jake and Sunghoon are. What a shame. 

I head to class and see them already there although class starts in 10 minutes. I spot a couple other students but the room is silent so far. 

I find an empty seat, far away from Sunghoon and Jake so I can avoid them easier. I put the drinks down and get too anxious to give the drink to Jake so I change my plans and say I'll just give them away to freshman later.

"Hey my love." I hear as chairs from both left and right get pulled out. I quickly look up to see Jake and Sunghoon sitting right by my side. Great. All my efforts for nothing!

"Your getting really creative with the name calling huh?" I say to Jake while greeting Sunghoon happily since he's always quiet. I take a quick glance at Jake and see he has a red scab under his eye, and a busted lip. I ignore it for now since he must have tripped or something... yea... I don't care...

"Anything for you. Sweetie pie? Pumpkin? Gorgeous? Mine?" he says while chuckling alongside Sunghoon.

I roll my eyes and hand Sunghoon a coffee while ignoring Jake's foolish words.

"Here. I know you don't study so I got you a coffee to cheer up to failing today's exam." I say happily with no evil intentions whatsoever! Well maybe I do want to brag a bit...

"What in the motherfuck? WE HAVE AN EXAM?? TODAY?? THIS CLASS??" Sunghoon says while freaking out. 

"Yes. Good luck! It's easy though. You'll pass don't worry." I say while giving an encouraging smile.

"I don't need good grades anyway. Thanks Chaewon for the coffee!! I love vanilla lattes!!" he says while quickly turning happy and bright.

"Woah woah princess, I need constant attention." Jake says from beside me. Breath in. Breath out Chaewon. He walked you home yesterday. Yes.

"Are you a child?" I ask sarcastically. 

"No but I'd love to make one with you." he says while smirking. My jaw drops and I quickly slapping his shoulder out of instinct. This man is getting really creative isn't he?

I see him wince in pain to my slap, and hold his shoulder in pain. My shocked face quickly turns into regret and I rub the spot I slapped. Did I hit too hard?

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hit that hard. Does it hurt a lot?" I ask while softly touching the spot. 

"Yea. It's hurts a lot. Can you give me a kiss in return?" he says making me realize he's fine. I scan his busted lip and the bruise under his eye and get too curious to not ask.  

"No. But I do have a question. Did you fall on your face or what? What's with your lip?" I ask while looking at his bruise in concern. 

"Well I didn't trip... Never mind. Thanks for this." he says while trying to take the coffee and avoiding the question. I quickly grab the coffee and stare at him. 

"Jake what happened? Did you get in a fight?" I ask concerned. I know I can't have guy friends or even care for these idiots but, I can't help it. My personality won't allow me. 

"No... Maybe... Just give me the-" he says while reaching for the coffee while I shake my head.

"Jake tell me. I'll give you the drink if you tell me." I say while touching the bruise lightly with my thumb. 

"No. Your not going to be happy if I tell you. And I don't want to ruin your mood." he says quietly. 

"Jake I don't care, please tell me." I say concerned about him. It definitely hurts if he's turning bright red when I touch his face.

"Fine. As a normal civilian I was worried last night about you, so I stayed around until your asshole boyfriend left so I could check up on you. But he came out looks mad so I went up to him for fun, but he said things I don't want to say, and we ended up fighting. Don't worry Chaewon, I beat the pulp out of him for these bruises." Jake says while smiling making me frown.

It's all my fault. I made Minwoo mad and he took it out on Jake. Shit.

"Jake I'm so sorry let me-" I get cut off by him shaking his head.

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine." he says to make me feel better. 

"I can and will worry. Wait. Take this." I say while giving him the coffee with a straw. I reach onto my bag and search around for the first aid kit I put in the beginning of the semester. 

I spot it and quickly pull it out to put the ointment on Jake's wounds. 

"I'm fine really." he says while pushing my hand away with a smile. I move his hand away and start applying the ointment on his lip and cheek. He starts squirming and moving so I move around it and continue putting the ointment without thinking.

"Stop moving you idiot." I say angerly.

I finish by putting a bandage and finally look back to Jake's eyes who are widened. I look away and finally realizing I'm quite literally sitting on his thigh...

~

Word count: 1265❤️❤️❤️