20.

We eat dinner and I keep mostly silent, because of what happened. Does he really not think I'm a burden? Is he lying for my own good?

"I'm gonna go get some fresh air for a second." Heeseung says while getting up from his seat and walking out. 

"So Mr. Lee, you have such a bright son what do you want him to be when he grows up?" my aunt asks making me sigh. Maybe this noseyness runs in the family.

"Oh I'm expecting him to inherit my company, and take my place. I was thinking about getting him married too." he replies making my head dart up. Marriage?? When he's this young?? And he doesn't even want to inherit his father's company.

"Wow already? Isn't he a little young?" my dad says. 

"Nonsense. A handsome man as him should be married to a pretty woman. Him hanging around someone like Chaewon isn't going to do good." my uncle says while laughing. 

"Someone like Chaewon noona? What does that mean..." Minjun mumbles from beside me before I quickly shut him down so no one else hears. Yea who am I to stop Heeseung from getting married? We are nothing anymore... 

"I've actually been looking into some fine young women for him. The daughter of Jang foods is a perfect fit for him." his father replies. They keep talking but everything goes into one ear and out the other. Why does it hurt so much? Him getting married just makes everything hurt. 

"Please excuse me, f-for a second." I say while standing up from my chair. I take my phone and wallet just in case I want to go to the playground as I usually do to clear my mind. 

I notice Heeseung pacing back and forth and the back of a man. 

"You are so going to die in my hands. Bad boyfriend?? Me??" he says making me realize who it is. Why is Minwoo here?

"Chaewon deserves so much more then human garbage. Does she know what you did??" he says making me even more curious and concerned. 

"Guys? What's going on?" I say as Minwoo jumps up in shock and Heeseung looks away. 

"Nothing Chaewon. Go back inside please." Heeseung says making me take a good look at his face. His cheek is dripping in blood and his lip is busted yet again.

"Oh my god, Minwoo what the fuck did you do?!" I yell while running up to Heeseung.

"He was being annoying. And why do you care?! You told me you guys weren't friends anymore!" he yells at me while grabbing my wrist harshly to pull me away from Heeseung. 

"Don't touch her asshole." I hear Minjun's voice from behind me.

"Minjun-ah. Go inside. This isn't your business." I say while putting on a fake smile for him. 

"Who's this now?? How many guy friends do you have?" Minwoo demands. 

"I'm her cousin you ugly bastard. And no noona the adults are being so annoying." he says while groaning. 

"Fine. Minwoo please, I love you but this is too far. Now your beating up people? Go home. We'll talk later." I say while taking Minjun and Heeseung's hand and walking off with tears in my eyes. 

I sniffle since it's quite cold outside and I'm wearing this fancy dress for literally no reason. Why was Minwoo here? And what was that talk about me knowing what he did? What did he do...

"Noona don't cry. It's gonna be okay." Minjun says while stopping his steps. I burst out in tears from his comfort that I needed so badly right now. 

"Why is it so cold!" I scream out instead of saying what's actually wrong so they don't bother caring about my real reason. 

"Take this." Heeseung says through my stream of tears while placing his blazer on my shoulders. I cry even more tears then before knowing this is how he's gonna treat his future wife and I'm gonna be nothing to him anymore.

"Oh Chaewon. Don't cry. See? I'm fine." Heeseung says while touching his wounds that obvious hurt. 

"Don't touch it with your f-finger!!" I say even though I'm having a panic attack at the moment. 

"I won't I won't. Please just stop crying. It's not good for growth. You need to get taller." he says making Minjun laugh but I pout at him. 

"I hate you!" I say sarcastically while my mascara starts running by now. Waterproof mascara? Bullshit. Now my mascara is running while I'm crying in my ugly dress. I walk away with my eyesight being blurry, and my walking is very low effort. 

I go to a convenience store and make Minjun and Heeseung sit down at a table so I can collect myself alone. 

"Will that be al- geez. I mean will that be all?" the cashier says while seeing my face drenched in tears, and makeup.

"Yes." I say while throwing my card onto the front desk. I wipe my face with the edge of my dress, not caring about it anymore. 

"Use this. And Minjun eat this." I say quietly while giving Heeseung ointment and a lolipop to Minjun. 

"Thanks, but it really doesn't hurt. Don't worry Chaewon. He didn't hurt me at all." Heeseung says which is obviously just to make me feel better.

"Hyung you just said it hurt like you just got sh-" Minjun says before his money gets covered by Heeseung. I frown at Heeseung scars and sit down next to him to apply it myself. 

 I gently apply the ointment making him wince in pain. 

"I'm really really sorry. I should have said something more to Minwoo, to defend you." I say while locking eyes with Heeseung. His doe eyes just make me melt even more.

"Stop apologizing for things you can't control. And I thought you were mad at me?" he says while raising his eyebrows making me remember. Oh shit I forgot we weren't even friends anymore.

"Well I'm not mad at you. And by the way I only came out for fresh air." I say trying to justify my actions.

"Don't be too friendly with him noona, I heard he's getting married in a couple months." Minjun says making me choke on air.

"WHAT?" me and Heeseung say in unison. I clear my throat and get ready to speak.

"Already? Oh..." I mumble to myself.

"What do you mean by already?! You knew?? What?? Why didn't you tell me? And who?!" Heeseung says while freaking out. 

"Hyung don't be mad we found out today at dinner. Your dad said something about you getting married to the daughter of Jang foods or something." Minjun answers.

"Oh my fucking god... I didn't even know about this! He didn't bother to tell me..." he says making me just a bit relieved. So he isn't dating her...

"On the bright side she's really pretty... I met her once..." I say quietly. 

"I don't want to get married with someone I don't love! And I haven't even met her before this is insane." he says making me grin a bit. Yea.. What was I thinking? Why would he want to get married.

My phone starts ringing so I look at the contact and realize it's a unknown number. I usually don't pick up these calls but I decide to pick it up.

"Hello?" I say expecting this to be a wrong number call. 

"This is Mr. Lee. Bring Heeseung back home right now, before anyone takes pictures of you guys." he says making me lower the volume at once.

"What?" I utter loudly. 

"I can't have him being in a scandal with you before his wedding. Whatever puppy love you have, is nothing and I want you guys to end it." he says before hanging up on me leaving my face drained of any color.

"What? Who was it?" Heeseung asks.

"Uhm no one. It was a wrong number." I say. It wouldn't make it any better for Heeseung to have more hatred towards his father anyway. 

"Are you sure? It was a pretty long phone call." he says making me bite my lip and suck it up. 

"Yea. Let's just go back." I say while getting up while fixing my hair. 

~

Word count: 1354❤️❤️❤️