19.

I head to my next class as quick as possible to not be seen by anyone. I have one class after this but I don't think I can hold my tears any longer.

This class is basically a note taking class so I just ignore everything the teacher's saying and put my head down.

Jiwoo is right. She's my best friend and she's probably just been listening to my problems cause she pities me.

As time goes by, more thoughts run in my head and it gets too loud to handle. As class ends the chairs being pulled back, packing up, and talking all makes it worse in my head.

I grab my bag as quick as possible and run out of classroom with the tears trailing down my face from how painful it is. Why can't I just keep everything inside? Why do I have to bother other people with my words?

I run into someone with my shoulder so I do a half bow and try walking away before my arm gets grabbed.

"Chaewon? What happened?" I hear through all the thoughts my in my head. Everything goes silent for a second once I look into his eyes.

"H-Heeseung?" I say while taking deep breathes.

"Oh Chaewon. What happened? Why are you crying?" he asks while making me face him.

"Nothing... I'm not your problem anymore." I say while trying to walk away before he catches my arm again.

"Not my problem? You've never be a problem to me Chaewon. Now tell me what's wrong." he asks while wiping my tears with his thumb. No. Chaewon don't. He is just pitying you. Your gonna burden him all over again after ending your friendship.

"Just leave me alone please. I can't do this again." I say while squeezing his hand on my face and walking away.

~

I go home and cry in my bedroom instead of texting a friend like I would usually do. Jiwoo is right.

I have no one now. And it's all my fault. Me and my boyfriend are on bad terms anyway. And he hates when I talk about other people to him.

"Park Chaewon!! Quickly get changed!! Minjun and his family are coming over for dinner!!" my mom screams from the kitchen. I groan and remember he was coming over and I need to wear something fancy.

My family always makes me dress up even if we are meeting other family members. I so want to just lay in my bed and fall deep in my thoughts but my mom is gonna kill me if I don't look presentable.

I put on this dress and wash my face in ice cold water so no one will know I've been crying

I put on this dress and wash my face in ice cold water so no one will know I've been crying. I do my makeup as light as possible and don't bother doing my lip gloss since I'm gonna eat anyway.

"Park Chaewon!! Minjun-ie is here!! Come quickly!!" my dad screams now making me groan and run out of my room with my hair being all over the place.

"Minjun!" I say while hugging him.

"Missed me?" he says cockily. I laugh and jokingly respond "Hell no."

"Oh Chaewon you've grown so beautifully well!!" my aunt says while hugging me tightly. I hug her back and bow to my uncle.

I hear the door open again so I just assume it's the wind and continue talking to Minjun but my parent's rush over to the door making me curious.

"Heeseung-ah!" I hear my mom say making me quickly look over. Why is he here?

"Oh Chaewon forgot to say, I invited Heeseung and his father for dinner as well." my mom says while dragging me over to them.

His father is dressed in a perfectly fitting suit and Heeseung is in a well tailored suit. I'm assuming this is a new suit because I've memorized everything in his closet.

"Oh. Hello Mr. Lee." I say awkwardly while bowing. He bows ever so gracefully back and hands me a gift.

"This is for you, Chaewon-sshi. It's a necklace and bracelet set." he says while laughing so awkwardly.

"Oh no you shouldn't have!" I exclaim although this moment is so awkward. Heeseung's father can put on so many different acts it's crazy.

"I insist." he says while putting the box in my hands. I jump up at his ice cold hands touching mine and try to play it off since everyone is watching.

"Mr. Lee come sit with us while the kids go to Chaewons room." my dad says while taking him to the living room for tea.

"Minjun-ah can you give us space for just two minutes?" Heeseung says to him next to me. Minjun walks away and Heeseung takes me to my room while locking the door.

"Are you okay? Please tell me what happened." Heeseung says while making me look up at his concerned eyes.

"I'm fine Heeseung. Just give me space." I say while trying to unlock the door and leave before he pins me to the door while he hovers over my face.

"No your not. Chaewon you make me worried sick so please just tell me what's wrong. I think about you all the time." he says while caressing my cheek.

"I know you hate me but I just need you to sincerely answer this question. Was I a burden to you? Did you listen to me because you felt bad for me?" I ask while trying not to cry again.

"Chaewon what are you talking about? I love you for you and nothing else. A burden? That's bullshit." he says.

"I'm sorry. But I can't say it back. Please hate me don't care for me anymore." I finally say. I regret every bit of my words but what can I do? He has to hate me to forget me.

"What? How-" he gets cut off by banging at the door.

"Noona!! Hyung!! Open the door!! What are you doing that you locked the door!!!!!!???" I hear Minjun say from the other side of the door. This is my chance. After this dinner I don't have to hurt myself by talking to Heeseung anymore.

I put my hand on the door lock before Heeseung puts his hand on top of mine. I push it away and open the door to see Minjun waiting at the door.

"Were you guys making out?!? Or worse..." he says while scolding me and Heeseung.

"Yah! Don't say that." I say while hitting the back of his head.

"Geez noona I was kidding. But Heeseung hyung joining our family doesn't seem too bad. Your kids won't be as ugly as you if you marry him!!" Minjun says while laughing. This dude-

"Shut up Minjun. Let's go eat." I say while pulling his arm. I glance back at Heeseung and we lock eyes just for my heart to break into a million pieces again. I'm sorry Heeseung. Don't forgive me. I won't forgive myself either.

My mom makes me sit beside Heeseung and Minjun, side by side.

We start eating as I try to ignore Heeseung as best I can so I don't hurt myself more.

"Heeseung you seem thinner! Eat more." my mom shouts at Heeseung while piling meat onto his plate.

I keep my eyes down and don't dare looking at him.

"Thank you." he says. At that moment I see a pair of chopsticks on my plate, placing a big piece of meat from my side. I look over to see Heeseung putting all the meat my mom gave him to me.
~
Word count: 1263❤️❤️❤️

The Boy Next DoorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara