33

"Never define love by its length, but by its depth."

Logan placed her hands on her knees, leaning over in a bid to steady her breathing. The sun was beaming down on her, and she had decided it was specifically trying to kill her. She groaned as she watched her own sweaty drop from her chin.

"Why'd you stop?" Jessie asked.

"Is that a joke?" Logan raised her head to look at the younger woman, who was in fact joking and trying not to laugh at the expression on her vice captain's face. She looked murderous.

"C'mon VC. Chin up."

"I hate you." The Scott woman grumbled, audibly groaning as she stood straight.

"It's good advice." The brunette shrugged as the two began walking over to the rest of the squad.

"It's horrible advice."

Jessie paused, looking over at the blonde woman. "You gave me that advice twenty minutes ago."

"Well I'm smarter now." Logan chuckled.

"Okay, gather round, ladies!"

________________

Kelley checked the time on her phone. She was getting restless. She didn't have a lot of time before she had to go back to camp.
It was a few days after her coffee with Kevin, Logan, Melanie and Leonie. It was...eventful, but Kelley was happy to get a few days to gather her thoughts. When she felt prepared enough, she had asked Kevin for a favor.

She could never have asked Logan.

Her fingers tapped rhythmically on the table, the speed increasing the more anxious and annoyed she was getting. The woman was late.

"You look angry." Kelley heard.

She frowned. She had vague memories of Logan's mother, but she never sounded like that. She turned in the booth to look slightly behind her.

"This must have been how Logan felt."

"What do you mean?" The blonde asked, sliding into the booth across from the O'Hara woman.

"Ambushed."

Melanie laughed, the smile making her eyes twinkle as she slid into the booth beside Leo. The brunette looked as she always did - relaxed and laid back. While Leo looked as Kelley had usually found her - focused and reserved. The two complimented one another very well, it was easy to see how Logan could fit into their relationship.

"What are you doing here?"

"Same as you" Leo shrugged. She paused to thank the waitress for bringing their drinks before she continued. "We are here to see Logan's mother."

"How do you know about that?" Kelley asked. She was confused, and she didn't understand why she felt defensive.

"The same way we always learn of things Logan likes to hide. Kevin, of course." The blonde shrugged again.

"You do that a lot." Kelley said.

"What?"

Instead of verbally answering the blonde, Kelley just shrugged.  Melanie observed the two, she was internally surprised that Leo hadn't been passive-aggressive with Kelley, but she knew that time would come because the blonde was fiercely protective of Logan, and that slap would be discussed at a later date. For now, Mel smiled as Leo just shrugged in response.