11

"We're here with Canada's Logan Scott," the interviewer begins as the camera pans to the blonde who waves. "Tell us, what was it like playing in Germany?"

Logan smiles as memories flash back in her mind, "It was incredible. I loved every minute of it, except the end when I had to tell the people I loved back there that I was leaving. That was rough."

"So you made some lifelong friendships?"

"Definitely, yeah. It felt good to start somewhere new, I met a lot of talented and amazing people. Wouldn't change it for the world."

The camera stalls on Logan's grin before the blonde bites her bottom lip while waiting to continue.

"What was it like to come back to the States? You didn't leave on the best terms."

"Yeah," Scott sighs, "It wasn't easy but it wasn't difficult, if that makes sense. I knew it was something I needed to do, I had things I wanted to make right, but like I said, leaving a place I grew to love was difficult."

"So how are things in Orlando?" The interviewer continues.

"It's great," The Canadian grins, "The heat is rough, though."

"As far as we understand you've taken Erin Greening under your wing for this season, how is that going?"

"It's great. I remember my rookie season and even my second, it was difficult to keep my feet on the ground but I had some incredible women mentoring me, so to be able to be that person for someone as talented as Erin is awesome. She's gonna go far."

"We're almost finished, just a few more questions," The interviewer smiles as she notices the Canadian player start to glance behind the camera to watch her national teammates train. "Are you glad to be called up?"

"Absolutely!" Logan grins from ear to ear. "It's always something that's in the back of my mind, who wouldn't want to represent their country?"

"Even with your American accent? It's a reversal of the Syd Leroux situation isn't it? Do you get any tough treatment from our friends in the States?"

"Uh, I wouldn't say it's rough. I get a lot of questions from people who can't understand why I chose Canada over the States, but so far everyone has been okay with it. I got some horror stories from Syd so I'm glad it hasn't been that bad."

"Okay last question." The interviewer pauses for dramatic effect. "Pride travel to Seattle after this camp, how are you feeling about it?"

Logan seems to pause for the first time in the interview, a solemn expression dons her face. "I hope it's a good game. I know there are one or two bad feelings there for some people but to be honest I've moved on. I enjoyed my time there, I grew up there, they'll always be my team, you know? I still follow them to this day, I still have friends in the team but now my focus is on Orlando and we want to win, it's that simple."

"So you're glad to be back in red?" Sinc smiles as we finish up for the day. Just like the last few days, she and I are the last ones off the field, the others long gone.

"I am. Never thought it would happen again," I shrug and grab my kit bag as Sinc stares at me but I refuse to make eye contact.

"Look," She puts a hand on my shoulder stopping me from walking, demanding my full attention, "You deserve this. More than anyone on this team right now. You've done nothing for four years but work hard, improve yourself and your game. You left a rookie and came back a leader. Don't doubt yourself now."

Sinc puts her arm around my shoulders as we walk back inside to grab the rest of our stuff before heading to the hotel. We're in Denver for a friendly with the States.

"Nervous?" Shelina asks as she takes a seat infront of me on the bus, turning so she can talk to me as Jessie sits next to me. My National teammates accepted me quicker than my Orlando teammates, which I'm thankfuly for.

"About?" I ask Shelina as Jordyn sits next to her and Jessie rests her heavy head on my shoulder.

"Playing, duh. Especially against the States."

It's true, I would have loved to get out on the field with my team when they played Spain just a few days ago, but I had other stuff to deal with. Now I have to get my first piece of action against my ex and her friends.

"Nah, I'm good."

"Bullshit," Jessie mumbles from my shoulder, curling further into my body.

"Okay, fine. I'm...worried, okay?"

"Why?" Shel asks as Jordyn turns to listen, but smiles when she sees Jessie.

"That's cute," She insists as she snaps a photo and turns back around to type into her phone.

Ignoring her, I answer Shelina, "Things with Kelley and I are good now, I think. Well..they're better than before."

"But?"

"But I don't know how the others will react. You seen it yourself, Shel, it took some of the Pride players a few weeks to warm up to me. I could possibly be killed on the field with the ones that I only have ninety minutes around."

As more of the team came on the bus, more pictures were taken of the sleeping Jessie on my shoulder, especially when her hand snaked around my waist and her legs propped up on my lap.

"Is she always like this?" I ask Jordyn and Shelina who both shrug. "Great."

"Having fun?" Sinc asks as she chuckles, but she continues walking before I can answer. Thankfully she's the last on and the bus begins it's travel to the hotel.

My phone pings with a notification, and I try to manoeuvre my body to retreive my phone without waking Jessie. After five minutes I finally manage and see a text from my brother and a notification on IG.

Kevin🧠 - I know you're nervous. Check IG. Love, the attractive Scott.

I grumble and scoff before opening the app and seeing his post, and all my nerves about facing off against the US are washed away and replaced with a smile.