8

Clear The Air Pt I

Logan opted for casualwear for her dinner with Kelley. Not necessarily because she wanted to go casual, but she wasn't expecting an invitation, and only packed leisurewear for her short time here in Utah.

"Are you sure about this?" Alex asks her new friend and teammate. She had doubts about the Canadian, due to her friendship with O'Hara, but from the time she spent with Logan she could tell that the younger woman was a decent person. She just wasn't sure of Kelley's intentions with this particular dinner invite.

It could either go well, or be one hell of a shit show.

"Honestly?" Logan asks Alex, turning to face her teammate as she was perched on one of the beds in their hotel room. "No."

Alex' laughter filled the small room, breaking the tension that was threatening to strangle Logan's heart. It was time for her to meet Kelley, and although O'Hara had offered to pick her up, Logan was insistant on meeting at the small restaurant.

"Don't worry about it. Kel is all bark and no bite." Alex attempted to comfort that nervous woman. "But you should know that. Unless biting was something that occurred during your time with her."

"Stop talking," Logan groaned. "Thanks, Morgan."

Leaving her teammate in the hotel room, Logan left, being sure to take her keycard with her and ignoring Alex's comments of she 'won't need it if Kelley takes her home'.

At the restaurant, Kelley waited nervously for the blonde to show up. She hadn't been so nervous in a long time, not since she first went pro, or got her first call-up to the national team. That was a long time ago now.

She hadn't even thought to clarify what kind of dinner this was. Mostly because she herself didn't know.

"Is it okay to sit?" A voice snapped Kelley out of her reverie and the American pro stopped staring at her half empty wine glass to make eye contact with Logan. Kelley immediately stood, her chair almost falling over at the sudden action. Her heart fluttered as she watched Logan's eyebrows rise and the clear expression of her trying to fight back a smile.

"Uh, yeah. Of course," Kelley motioned for the seat across the table from her, assuming that to pull the chair out for Logan would be sending out romantic signals. That's not what was needed for this dinner. This was a strictly clear-the-air dinner.

Right?

"Sorry about..." Kelley motioned to the wine glass in front of her, only now realizing that it may not have been the most suitable beverage.

"Really," Logan raised her hand to stop the ramble of explanations she knew would be coming, "It's okay. I'm doing good, you're allowed to drink," She gently chuckled as she sipped at her water.

"You're looking good," Kelley muttered, but Logan heard loud and clear.

"As are you, Miss O'Hara," Logan grinned as she glanced at the menu. "I'm surprised you asked me out for dinner."

"Why?" Kelley asked, almost sounding hurt that Logan would think that.

"Really?" Logan replied, an eyebrow raising in question, she continued when Kelley nodded, "I hurt you. Unless you didn't notice we haven't been on the best of terms lately. And I know that's my fault."

Kelley sighed as she picked up her menu, hoping that the tension would dissipate as she pretended to study the list of foods, but it didn't.

The tension only got worse when the waiter, equiped with a pen and pad, stopped at the table to take orders. Judging by the grin on his face he obviously didn't read the situation. However the two women powered through the awkwardness and ordered.

"Well," Logan leaned forward, resting her arms on the table, to ask a question she already knew the answer to. "What is it you wanted to talk about?"

Taking another sip of her wine, Kelley watched her ex. The way the warm light of the intimate restaurant made her eyes sparkle. The way her arms flexed when she leaned on the table. The way she smirked slightly as if she knew what thoughts were present in Kelley's mind.

"Are you planning on talking, or just staring at me?"

"Yeah," Kelley mutters, placing the wine glass down.

"Yeah...you plan on staring at me?" Logan smiles, clearly feeling at ease quicker than O'Hara.

"What? No." Kelley groans, biting back a smile. "I wanted to clear the air."

There was another pause as their food arrived, the waiter refilling Kelley's wine and Logan's water.

"Damn. This is good," Logan moans with a her mouth filled with pasta, ignoring Kelley's grin. "So, lets clear the air?"

"Okay," Kelley inhaled before placing her fork and knife down on her plate gently, "Why did you leave?"