Chapter 9.

Even though it was Sunday, Rebecca woke to the alarm clock going off. She was glad she decided to turn it on the night before. She had a lot to get done and people would start coming over by nine o'clock. Rolling out of bed reluctantly. She made the bed immediately knowing she would never do it again if she thought she would return to it. Then she finally hurried into the bathroom to start a shower.

Knowing she would be potentially getting dirty during the day, she chose to wear black stretch pants and her lucky Eagles jersey. Greg had gotten it for her last year for Christmas and she had worn it every game this season. With the winning streak they were on currently, she wasn't going to stop now. The shirt had a men's cut. It was long and narrow,going to her mid thigh, so she didn't feel like she was exposing too much when wearing leggings. Added bonus, everything was comfortable. Rebecca then looked in the mirror. Between her hips filling out and the eventual baby bump that would come, she wouldn't be able to wear this shirt for many more games. She'd have to find something else to represent her favorite football team. She put her hair into a ponytail and put on a little makeup. Once downstairs in the kitchen, she put a cup of water in the microwave to heat up for tea. Just as she did this, the doorbell rang.

"Thought I would come over before Jonathan and the team got here," Aiden said, as he walked into the house. His hands were full. "I brought over coffee for me and orange juice for you and bagels with cream cheese. Hope you haven't eaten yet, because I'm starving."

Rebecca giggled, shaking her head no. "Even if I did eat, I could probably eat again. Thanks. What else did you bring?"

"The blueprints, drawings, and other timeline stuff," Aiden continued into the kitchen. "Since we are doing the least amount here, this will be command central. I'll set up the timeline here and the detailed list of what is going to happen in each room."

"Sounds good. I should have thought of that. I know how Jonathan likes to have everything written out like a punch card," Rebeccca went to the counter and grabbed her phone off the charger. "I need to make a quick text."

Rebecca had planned to make the lunch time meatballs at her house, however, she had forgotten the kitchen would be in the middle of all the commotion. She texted Stacie to see if she could switch to their kitchen instead.

Aiden finished setting up his work station. He took the bagels out of the brown bag they were in and handed her one. He had picked Rebecca's favorite: blueberry bagel and thick on the cream cheese. She salvated over it. He then handed her the orange juice he had brought. It was so thick with pulp, you almost had to chew it. She loved everything and told Aiden he went above and beyond.

"Have to keep the client happy," Aiden said with a smile. "It's easy this time since I know you so well."

They got halfway through their breakfast when Rebecca's phone chimed and the doorbell rang. Aiden went to open the door while Rebecca checked the message. Stacie replied that it would be no problem to bring the cooking to her house, she still needed to make her buffalo chicken dip anyway. She chimed again saying she and Jim would be over in less than fifteen minutes. Rebecca replied her gratitude then went to see what Aiden and the team were doing.

She found him and Jonathan standing on the porch going over how they were going to change the front entrance.

"So we will demo the entire porch and walkway to the driveway," Jonathan confirmed.

"Right, then grade from the driveway to the front door a gentle slope so Greg will hardly notice the incline," Aiden continued instructing.

"What materials are we using?"

"Treated lumber for it all," Aiden informed him. He began waving his hands around the porch while he continued describing the work to be done. "And we will have railings on both sides. The railing will then continue around the entire front porch. That will increase the look's cohesiveness. Make it look like it was meant to be this way."