Prologue

Rebecca awoke to the sun shining through the windows. It was a beautiful Saturday. They were able to sleep in together and wake whenever they wanted without the harsh alarm clock dictating their lives. She knew today would be the day to tell Greg the news she had heard that week. Just thinking about it made her smile and her stomach tingle. They had been waiting for this for at least several months.

Next to her, Greg stirred as he felt her wake up. She never was able to get out of bed without him noticing and getting up soon after. He took a big, cleansing breath and slowly opened his eyes. Since she knew he was waking, she rolled over to meet him as his eyes focused on her.

"Good morning, gorgeous," she said. She gave him a quick kiss on the lips. Just because she was excited and filled with love didn't mean she wanted a mouth full of morning breath.

"Well, good morning to you too," he responded by putting his arms around her and holding her tight. "To what do I owe this great wake up?"

"Let's get up, have some breakfast, and go for a walk on our trail," she suggested while still in his arms. He shouldn't start getting suspicious since she did this whenever they had no big plans for the day.

"That sounds like a great plan," Greg let go of her and rolled over to grab his phone from the bedside. He turned it on. "The weather app says it will be gorgeous all day, and warmer than it has been all week."

"Exactly." Rebecca rolled over to her side of the bed and stood up. "So don't waste time in bed. Let's go."

Chuckling, Greg threw the light blankets off of his side of the bed and sat up. "Can't say I'm as energized as you, but go start the coffee and I'll be right there."

Rebecca quickly got dressed into shorts, sports bra, t-shirt, and socks. She went into their ensuite bathroom and threw her dark red hair into a ponytail. "Meet you downstairs when you're dressed."

Greg continued chuckling to himself as he stood, stretched, and got himself dressed in similar clothes. He found his cargo shorts, a t-shirt, and socks from the drawer. Not being one for vanity, he quickly looked at himself in the mirror over Rebecca's dresser. Satisfied after he ran his fingers through his black curly hair several times, he jogged down the stairs to meet his wife before she bursted from wanting to go on the trail. This might be their last chance before the weather got cooler.

Walking into the kitchen, Greg had to continue smiling. Rebecca was swaying and dancing to music playing from the speaker in the kitchen as she put bagels into the toaster. She sashayed to the refrigerator to pull out creamer and toppings for the bagels. As she noticed him come into the room, she slowed to a stop and smiled at him.

Rebecca was trying to keep the secret in, but she was excited to tell him. If she continued to act like this, Greg would surely think something was up. She looked up from what she was doing and took in her husband.

He chose a t-shirt that clung to him, there was no hiding the fact that he spent most of the summer driving around the coast looking for great locations to surf. He also had the muscular physique of a person who played basketball recreationally during the cooler months. He was just as she liked- fit, but not muscle-bound. His stomach and chest looked as if he used the muscles to keep his balance on a small board while riding the water. His hair was dark and curly, never very short, but remained off his collar to be presentable at work.

Likewise, Rebecca thought she kept her body in shape. She joined him on most weekends, but she enjoyed taking pictures of the surfing. She also participated in basketball. They played in a co-ed adult league that was more about fun than keeping score. Rebecca had to smile when she thought about the basketball she would need to drop out of because of the secret she was bursting to tell.