Page 2

six months was all they had and they didn't let it go to waste, training to their fullest to prepare for the magic knights exam. Yuno trained himself magically, trying his best to fix his accuracy, precision and mana control. while asta and (y/N) would train with each other, sparring and doing physical strength that would usually break a person. They started off training with each other but grew apart slowly and before they knew it, they was training separately, trying their best to improve their swordsman skills. (y/n) worked on his agility, stamina and speed, wanting to have quick feet rather then power, but he did work on his physical strength, thanks to asta, gaining a little more power then before. Before they all knew it, they was saying goodbye to the church and making their way towards the capital. The journey was treacherous, tiring and very far but determination and pure drive kept them going. After a week's travel, they had arrived and were in awe at how beautiful the place looked. They were all unable to look away from the various sights, especially the wizard king's castle. (Y/N) and Asta had starry eyes as they gazed at the many stands set up with the streets busy but not as busy. It was amazing. Asta would buy a broiled seprent on a stick and give one to (Y/N) with Yuno passing up on the offer for obvious reasons. (y/n) and Asta ate the serpent in one bite and downed a bottle of water before arriving at the venue. They were taken back by how many applicants waited in line. The boys would wait minutes upon minutes until it was finally Yuno's turn. The man who'd check the grimoires was in utter denial at the fact that one from the boonies possessed a four leaf grimoire with had no other choice but to let Yuno in. Next was Asta and he wasn't so easy convinced about his grimoire but let the boy in reluctantly.

Then it was (Y/N)'s turn.

Man: Grimoire.

(Y/N) gave the man his grimoire, still ecstatic about being at the venue and unable to contain himself, shown by the big smile on his face. The man looked up at him, raising an eye brow before a sigh escaped his mouth, handing (Y/N) his grimoire and letting the boy pass.

Man: Your number is 166. . .next

(Y/n) entered and found himself in a crowd of many other teens like him, who waited for the exam to start. Yuno was seen standing there as if he was a robot with no sign of asta but it was strange because many birds flocked around many other applicants. They were known as 'anti birds' and the less magic you have, the more of them. Many tried their best but the birds wouldn't budge. (Y/N) was surrounded by a flock of anti birds, which covered his entire body and his surroundings. (Y/N) began walking, trying his best to find Yuno or Asta but couldn't. (Y/n) felt himself hit something but wasn't sure what but the birds suddenly flew away and allowed (Y/N) to see who was in front. (Y/N) looked up to see a teen with blonde hair that was swept backwards and wore clothes of noble origin.

Noble: Who dares barge me?

(Y/N) looked at the noble and waved his arm, trying to signal that it was a honest mistake but it looked like he was trying to gain his attention.

Noble: I presume it was you. Apologise at once, peasant.

An awkward silence befell the noble and (Y/N) as the two stared at each other for seconds.

Noble: Can you speak or something?

(Y/N) shook his head side to side.

Noble: Oh. You're mute? Well then, kiss my shoe.

(Y/N) stared at the noble with a deadpan look.

Noble: Peasants like you dare insult me? A noble? You filthy peasant! You won't get away with this!

(Y/N) rubbed his head and then began to walk away with the noble screaming insults but (Y/N) simply ignored. (Y/n) continued to walk until he found Yuno and stood by him with the birds flying away and the nine magic knight squad captains making themselves present. Asta joined Yuno and (Y/n) seconds after and watched the captain alongside their vice captain make themselves known. Many began to mutter amongst themselves about how amazing the captains looked, especially the golden dawn captain named William Vangeance who stood up and spoke to the crowd.