Page 8

Yami: You guys had a real tough time out there! Whatever, nice jobs, idiots...

Finral, Magna, (Y/N), Asta and Noelle were seen standing in front of Yami, having all returned from their missions.

Magna/Asta: YESSIR!

Noelle simply sighed while glancing to the side, Finral let a loud, exhausting sigh out his mouth while (Y/N) smiled at the approval given by his captain.

Asta: So, how did your mission go, (Y/N)?

(Y/N) gave him a thumbs up then pointed at Finral, using his hands to make a heart. He then tore it apart.

Magna: Hm? Oh, he tried asking out a girl, i'm guessing? He always does that, that's just Finral...

Asta: Well, we had an alright experience. Some weirdos try hurt some innocents and i pounded them!

Noelle: Like you did that all on your own, as a royal, i was effortlessly able to use my magic to defend those commoners...

Magna rolled his eyes. (Y/N) pointed at himself, standing with his chest out.

Asta: Heh, but I'll become Wizard King!

(Y/N) stuck out his tongue and gave him a thumbs down before grinning at Asta who did the same. Vanessa approached the group, pondering.

Vanessa: The magic investigation was examining what the criminal left behind but have gotten no info out of it. The pocket watch he left was valuable though but how they acted means they were probably extremists from the noble realm...

Vanessa slowly approached (Y/N) and hugged him tightly, catching the mute boy off guard.

Vanessa: You little teddy bear, i missed you!

(Y/N): *squirming*

Vanessa let him go afterwards, patting him on his head. While recovering from Vanessa's tight grip, (Y/N) notices a bird perched on Asta's head, pointing at it in confusion. A bird was stared back, glaring with lifeless eyes.

Vanessa: Ohh, who's the little guy?

Asta: It sorta just...followed me..

The bird simply glared at (Y/N), who engaged the bird in a staring contest. It didn't feel like a bird, it felt human. It gave off a strange vibe that (Y/N) couldn't explain.

Yami: In recognition for your actions, the wizard king has decided to reward us two stars for those two missions!

Magna: For reall?

Asta: Nice but what's a star?

Noelle: I question your intelligence every single day...

Asta deadpanned.

Vanessa: The nine-magic knight squads compete to see how many stars they can collect. It's an honor thing. Golden Dawn is at the top with seventy.

Yami let go of the two stars watching it glide through the air, entering the star shapes on the board.

Yami: Great, now that makes minus twenty-eight!

Finral: Y'know, if we didn't blow up that building on that one mission...

Asta/Noelle: MINUS?!!!

Noelle and Asta were in shock, while the others couldn't care less. (Y/N) was in confusion at how this squad had gotten MINUS?

Yami: HAHA! Your reactions are hilarious! Anyway, here are your wages for this month.

Yami handed Noelle, Asta and (Y/N) their wage. (Y/N) and Asta looked at the money then at each other before opening their mouth and letting their jaws drop wide once more.