Page 9

It was a normal day in The Black Bulls hideout. Asta was doing press-ups while Magna sat on top of him. On the sofa next to Magna, Luck held a bottle just above Magna's head, with water balancing on the tip of the bottle. Noelle crouched beside Asta, watching the boy as he performed said press-ups. Lastly, Vanessa sat on a nearby chair with a bottle of booze cupped in her hand.

Yami: Heads up, guys. A new dungeon was discovered.

Everyone stopped and faced their captain, intrigued by this sudden piece of news.

All: DUNGEON?!!

Magna: Is that for real, Mister Yami?!!

Asta: WHOOAA!! What's a dungeon?

Magna: Are you for real?!! You don't know what dungeons are? 

Noelle: Why were you surprised if you didn't know what they were?

Asta: <shrugs> Going with the flow..

Vanessa then explained that dungeons were 'ancient tombs', that contained relics left by people of the past. Often holding methods on how to wield ancient magic. Asta had a look of surprise, exchanging it for excitement seconds later.

Also, many valuable magic items were stored in these dungeons. Luck chimed in, explained that traps were set for those who had malicious goals. Asta, losing his excitement, feeling sweatdropped after hearing about the traps' intentions.

Vanessa: Hey, Asta. Where's (Y/N)?

Asta: <looking around>...good question

Noelle: Dumbsta!! Don't you sleep in the same room?!!

Asta: We do but I barely see him in the mornings...

As if it was on cue, (Y/N) front flipped with his arms held up as if he was pushing away the air with the palms of his hands. He had a smile on his face.

Asta: A dungeon has been located.

(Y/N) looked at Asta with a smile before exchanging it for a look of confusion instead.

Asta: SIR, LET ME GO!!

(Y/N) also jumped at the opportunity, raising his hand, just as his foster brother did.

Yami: Sure thing, newbies. The Wizard King actually asked for BOTH of you.

(Y/N) and Asta froze. The Wizard King? Asta gulped before slowly widening his mouth.

Asta: THE WIZARD KING?!! Let's do this, (Y/N)!! Let's give it everything we've got!!

(Y/N) nodded in agreement. (Y/N), Asta, Noelle and Luck were the ones chosen to visit the dungeon and didn't waste time. Luck, being the magical genius he is, was able to hold all their weight and escort the three newbies to the dungeon. The dungeon was quite far and was near a hostile country but that was the reason Yami assigned Luck. They arrived two hours later. They entered the dungeon. Luck and (Y/N) at the front while Noelle and Asta at the back. The two bickered as if they were a married couple about the name of the bird that followed Asta. It gave (Y/N) an uneasy feeling but he ignored it the best he could. Luck ended the argument by suggesting the name 'Nero' which meant black. It had to be Nero. Even the bird agreed.

Either way, as the group continued forward. It started to get dark. The only light came from the entrance.

Asta: Noelle, could you stop stepping on my foot?
Noelle: It's dark...only because you dropped the light,
Asta: Only because you stumbled into me and fell!
Noelle: I'm a royal!
Asta: So what?!!

Luck felt his hand touch something solid. It seemed to be a wall or a door. He couldn't tell. A smile evident on his face as he sent a little bit of his magic into his hand.