The Snowball

*Y/n POV*

I was at Hoppers cabin helping El get ready for the dance. I did her hair, makeup and helped her choose out a dress.

I walked into the living room while El was getting changed. "Y/n? Can I talk to you?" I heard Hopper ask from a small table. I walked over and sat down "Yeah?" I asked. He placed down papers. I looked at them, I came across a certificate. 'Y/n has been adopted by new parent Jim Hopper.' I looked up at him and smiled. I felt tears in my eyes, I couldn't speak. "Th- thank you." I stuttered. I got up and hugged him. "I just need you to sign here to make it official." He said pointing at a blank spot on one of the papers next to the name 'Jane' I was more than happy to sign. Y/n Hopper had a nice ring to it.

El came out of her room, she looked beautiful. I grabbed a camera and took some photos. "Come on girls we'll be late." Hopper said standing by the front door.

We arrived at the school, I got out of the car with El while Hopper went to go park. I saw a red car pull up. "Go on inside. I'll be right there." El nodded and went off. I walked up to the red car and bent down. "Hey boys." I said looking at Dustin and Steve. "Looking good Dustin." He growled in response. I moved out the way so he could get out, leaving just me and Steve. "Hey, are you okay? You know with all the vines and stuff that happened." Steve broke the silence. I nodded. "Are you sure cause you're eyes went white for a moment down there and-" "I'm okay I promise." I said cutting him off. He leaned forward and grabbed something from The glove compartment. It was the box that I saw the night we went with Dustin. He handed it to me. "Open it when you get inside." He said. I nodded and smiled. I stood up properly and waved goodbye.

I walked inside to see El and Mike dancing, I felt like a proud sister.

At the corner of my eye I saw Dustin sitting on the bleachers crying. I walked over to Nancy and asked her to keep the box safe before walking over to Dustin. "Hey." I said, he quickly wiped his tears, "Hey." "Wanna dance?" I asked. "What?" "Come one." I grabbed him and pulled him to the dance floor. "Here." I grabbed his hands and put them on my waist, His eyes widened. "Mm...Closer." He stepped closer."A little closer." He smiled and stepped closer. I felt people staring at us but I didn't care. We started swaying to the music. "You know out of all of Will's friends...You're my favorite." "Really?" "Yeah." I looked over yo a group of girls. "Girls this age are dumb...give them a few years they'll wise up and you'll drive them crazy." I said. "You think?" "Oh I know."

We danced and took some photos. Eventually Steve came to pick up Dustin. 

I grabbed the box Steve had given me, I sat on the bleachers, while everyone was leaving and cleaning. I opened the box, my eyes landed on a note. I opened it and began to read, 'Queen for a queen. - Steve' I smiled at the note and gently placed it beside me. I Picked up the tissue paper revealing a Walkman with a bunch of tapes, I saw ones like, We are the champions and Don't stop me now. But my eyes were set on one I picked it up 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. and placed it in the Walkman before putting the headphones.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landside,
No escape from reality
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to
Me, to me...

A/N: And this concludes season 2! Season 3 is on it's way! I'll be posting a chapter to fill in what happends before the events of season 3. Thank you for all the reads its insane!! Love you all.

-T