Papa

*Steve's POV*

"Hurry up!" I yelled, everyone was frantically looking for a song for Nancy. Y/n's hands dropped from her head, Nancy gasped before stumbling back.

"Woah, woah." I said as I caught her. "It's okay. It's okay." I said. While Nancy caught her breathe I noticed y/n was still not moving.

"Did you see her in there with you?" I asked Nancy, she shook her head in response.

"Come on y/n come back to me." I muttered.

*Y/n's POV*

I looked around the Rainbow room seeing all the dead bodies, I broke down knowing I was the one that did it.

I felt myself shift, I opened my eyes and wiped my tears, looking around I saw nothing. I was in a void. "Y/n...why do you cry? You did them a favor." Vecna said.

"I killed innocent people!" I yelled, I got no response back.

I Sighed and closed my eyes trying to go back to the real world. "Why won't it work!" I yelled. "You really think you were the one to find El? I took you to her because I wanted you too see what you did. You can't go back. You can never go back."

"Bullshit." I said as One approached me in his human form. I scoffed. "This isn't real." I stated. "This is my mind, you can't control it." I said before closing my eyes.

I gasped for air as I opened my eyes. "Y/n!" Steve said as he brought me into a hug, I hugged him back and smiled.

~🌸~

We sat in Max's house as Nancy explained what she saw. "He showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this...Giant creature with... a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes." We sat in silence.

"And then...He showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they...They were all..." Nancy went silent as she held back tears.

"Okay, but... he's just trying
to scare you, Nance. Right? I mean...I mean, it's not real." Steve suggested. "Not yet. But there... there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates.Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer,
but... they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home." Nancy explained 

"Four chimes." I realized, "Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times." Max explained for me. "I heard them too." Nancy confirmed.

"He's been telling us his plan
this whole time." Max said. "Four kills. Four gates.End of the world." Lucas said as he looked at Max.

"If that's true...He's only one kill away." Dustin mentioned.

"Try 'em again. Try 'em again." Steve told Max, she went up to the phone and dialed Joyce's number. "Anything?" I asked. "No. Rang a few times, then went to busy signal." Max responded.

"Maybe you punched it wrong.
Try again." Steve argued. "I didn't punch it in wrong." "Well, I don't know." "I think she knows how to use a phone." Dustin defended. "I'm just saying, she could've typed it in wrong." Steve argued as Max redial the number. "Same shit." She said as she put down the phone.

"How is that possible? Joyce has this telemarketer job, she's always on the phone." I said, pacing.

"Yeah, but this phone's been busy
for, what, three days now? That's not Joyce. No way. Something's wrong." Max stated.

"She's right. It can't be just coincidence. It can't be. Whatever's happening in Lenora
is connected to all of this. I'm sure of it. But Vecna can't hurt them. Not if he's dead." Nancy told us.

"We have to go back in there. Back to the Upside Down." I stated. "Whoa, no, no, no. What?" Steve protested. "Let's think this through." He said sternly. "What is there to think through?" Nancy joined in, "We barely made it out of there." "Yeah, because we weren't prepared. But this time, we will be. We'll get weapons and protection. We'll go through the gate, we'll find his lair, and we'll kill him." Nancy explained her plan.

"Or he'll kill us." Steve argued. "The only reason you survived is because he wanted you to. He's not scared of us." Steve argued waving his arms in the air.

"And for good reason. We were wrong about Vecna. Henry. One. Sorry, what are we calling him now?" Robin said getting up from the floor.

"One." "Vecna." "Henry." We responded.

"Right. We've learned something new
about Vecna/Henry/One. He's a number like Eleven and y/n only a sick, evil, male, child-murdering version of them with really bad skin. But my... my point is, he's super powerful. He could turn us inside out with a snap of his fingers. It's not a fair fight." Robin complained. "Then why fight fair You're right. He's like Eleven and y/n. But that gives us an upper hand. We know they're strengths, and weaknesses." Dustin explained.

"Weaknesses?" Erica asked.

"When El and y/n remote-travels, they goes into this sort of trance-like state. I bet the same is true of Vecna." Dustin went on, I looked behind me feeling someone watching me but I didn't see anyone.

"That would explain what he was doing in that attic." Lucas realized. "Exactly. When he attacks his next victim, I'll bet you he's back in that attic, physical body defenseless." Dustin theorized.

"Defenseless? What about the army of bats?" Steve mentioned gesturing towards his bruised neck. "True. We'll have to find a way past them. Distract them somehow." Dustin responded.

"And, uh, how do we do that, exactly?" Eddie spoke up, getting up from the couch. "No idea. But once they're gone, he doesn't stand a chance. It'll be like slaying sleeping Dracula in his coffin." Dustin explained.

"That all sounds good in theory, but there is no pattern to Vecna's killings. Not one that I can decipher. We don't know when he's going to attack next, we don't even know who he's going to attack." Robin ranted.

"Yeah, we do. I can still feel him...I'm still marked. Cursed." Max spoke up, "I ditch Kate Bush, I draw his focus back to me." Max stated.

"Max, you can't. He'll kill you." I said. "I survived before. I can survive again. I just need to keep him busy long enough
so that you guys can get into that attic. Then you can chop his head off. Stab him in the heart. Blow him up with some explosive Dustin cooks up. I honestly don't care
how you put this asshole in his grave. Just...whatever it is...Whatever you do...Try not to miss." Max added.

"It doesn't have to be you Max." I stated, "For some sick reason he's doing this because of me. He said he wanted me. So...if I 'join' him he'll stop right?" I semi asked. "What do you mean he wants you?" Nancy asked. "We practically grew up together...we were like best friends...until." I paused, thinking about what happened at the lab. "Until he snapped." I finished.

"If you 'join' him he could catch on, I mean he's on his last kill and all of a sudden you want to join him?" Max stated. "It's got to be me." She said. "Fine but if I feel like you need to get out of there I'm coming in." I said, she nodded in response.