15 • 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯

'Wow

'Wow.'

That was the only word Jake could get out of himself after what he heard.

Leah soon caught him staring at her in disbelief. She sighed and signaled him to continue working. Jake groaned, but he grabbed his ax and continued cutting down the tree.

Yes, that's right. Leah's amazing plan included cutting down the highest tree in the area. Why do you ask? Even Jake had no idea, but he was too invested in her story to ask.

Jake felt bad. Everything she have just told him indicated she was a good person who meant no harm. Yet she was forced to get her hands dirty.

'She slowly stopped talking to me after that' she sighed and swung her ax stronger than before.

'Are you surprised?' Jake asked in awe.

'Yes?' she scoffed.

'Wow, you gang people really lack basic human intuitions, don't you?' he chuckled and looked down.

She looked at him frustrated. He ran through his hair and dried sweat from his face with his black shirt. The hacker shook her head and quickly continued their discussion.

'Do we? Then tell me, Mr. Perfect, why I shouldn't be surprised Snow stopped talking to me' she threw the ax down and took a few steps closer to the idol.

Jake didn't expect it. He shouldn't feel afraid of what's going to happen next, but he indeed was. However, he didn't want to be worried about her right now that's why his expression remained calm.

'You made her do something she probably can't sleep over in nights, Leah. Only a simple look at you takes her back to the day she changed your life.'

Leah stopped in her tracks. The painful truth rang in her head as loudly as church bells. Was it really the truth? Was it her fault?

'I am not saying it's your fault she responded this way, but it's your fault to ask her to go through this' Jake spoke in all seriousness.

Leah was shocked. The pure puppy boy was suddenly all serious, talking about relationship problems as some kind of professional.

'Jake, who are you?'

'Hm?'

He looked at her and his eyes immediately indicated fear when he realized she is standing there on verge of a breakdown.

'How do you know everything?' she took a step closer to him with as the sweat rolled down her face.

'Hey, Leah, calm down' Jake dropped his ax and took a step back.

'No, I mean. You know so much about gangs. You talk like you are experienced. Also, with the big talk about relationships' she kept getting closer.

'What are you talki-'

'Are you my enemy, Jake?' she suddenly stopped with an expressionless face.

Jake blinked in confusion. 'No! Hey, listen to me, okay?' he quickly put his hands up in defeat.