17 • 𝘮𝘰𝘭𝘦

After the incident, Leah and Jake stayed hidden

After the incident, Leah and Jake stayed hidden. They hid near a rock wall, whose view was practically blocked by trees.

Jake felt awkward as they just sat there, not saying a word. He sighed and decided to break the silence.

'Was everything you said true?'

Leah looked at him puzzled.

'I told you-'

'I mean your past.'

Leah blinked in surprise. Jake hated the silence they fell back into, but he believed she wants to talk about it more.

'Yes, it was' she looked at the ground smiling sadly.

The boy hoped she made it up for the show. He felt bad for her.

On the other hand, he realized she is...

'...perfect' he mumbled to himself while grinning.

'What?' she looked at him in confusion.

'You are perfect, Leah' he smiled at her genuinely.

She didn't understand a thing. He looked at her with his dreamy eyes with such affection. She would lie if she said it didn't bring the butterflies in her stomach alive. The feeling she hated, but it was very present.

'I mean, you know who you are. You were ready to risk it all just so you can be true to who you are' he smiled at her.

Hyerim was blushing. Her lips dared to curve into a smile, but she kept it cool. She turned around and grinned. Her head quickly snapped back to find Jake giggling.

'What?' she laughed.

'Nothing' he kept giggling.

They looked at each other for a while when Jake broke the silence once more.

'Can you tell me who you really are?'

'Who I really am?' she asked with a raised eyebrow.

'Your real name, Leah.'

She was taken back. For a minute, she thought he is joking, but judging from his expression, he really meant it.

'I am Shin Hyerim' she offered him her hand with a smile.

'Sim Jaeyun' he smiled widely and accepted her hand.