4. French Coffee Kiss (Short Story Letter)

Dear Crush,

I do not know if you know this, but I have had a huge crush on you since the first day I saw you on the first day of French class. We were in the same study abroad group that went to Paris, where we learned about art, history, and the architecture of the Eiffel Tower; we visited places like the Louvre Museum, the Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, the Catacombs of Paris, and so many other amazing places. It was summer, where the weather was perfect warmth, and the air was filled with a mix of different types of coffee, bakery items, the perfect wine that goes with them, and the most beautiful flowers in the world. One day, I saw you taking the most beautiful photographs of the Eiffel Tower while drinking some French-flavored coffee. You looked very handsome in your black beret hat and matching shirt with the Eiffel Tower design that looked like it was taken right out of the art gallery. You had your photography camera hanging across your right shoulder while your side bookbag was hanging off your left shoulder, and your book bag was slightly open and filled with your photography gear, which almost fell out.

I had this dream of the perfect date where we were under the Eiffel Tower at sunset and we had the most delicious picnic of strawberry wine, lemon chicken Alfredo, French bread with pesto dip, and different flavors of macarons. You let me be your model for your photography project while we took some breathtaking photos of the Paris sunset. We were dancing to beautiful French music while the sunset was setting, until we were dancing underneath the millions of stars. You whispered the most romantic French poetry from the book that you got at the little old bookstore, from the time we went exploring around the market and near the coffee shop for lunch one day.

We looked at each other, and just like that, in a matter of seconds, your lips were on mine. My body felt like it was on fire with sparks like magic in a perfect fairy-tale story. I gave in and kissed you back. You tasted like strong coffee with a taste of sweet cream. I swear my heart was beating so fast that I could feel my heart about to burst out of my chest, and my legs felt weak like jelly. We kissed for more seconds and then decided to pack up our stuff to go to the hotel that we were currently staying at. I was so scared to ask you to go on another adventure or even a date with me while we were on the trip. I wish I had had the courage to talk to you on the trip, but I was so shy that I missed that opportunity. Maybe next time we are on a student abroad trip or even at college.

Sincerely, The Shy Girl