13. Warm Blood (Halloween Short Story)

She walked into a coffee shop to get her morning latte when she saw this gorgeous man looking at her in the corner. She had never seen [give her a name] before in the café, although she had visited that same place numerous times. It was as if he was waiting for her. And as she stopped by his booth to say hello, little did she know there was more than met the eye. Tell us what happens next.

___________________________________________

It was a perfectly crisp and cool autumn morning in London in October. The leaves were falling from the trees, charging the sky with cloudy gray rain clouds, and the mix smelled of the sweet, musky, pungent smell that fills your nose as soon as you walk outside. As I walked outside of my apartment, I zipped up my leather jacket and put on my favorite hat. After I put my hat on, I put my keys in my book bag and walked to my favorite bakery café, which serves the best brunch and coffee.

As I walked down the street, it began to drizzle. I reached into my bookbag and grabbed a small umbrella as I opened it. I felt a few raindrops on my hands, and that made me shiver. The street was full of people who were either walking or running fast in both directions, to the point where I was almost knocked off my feet in a matter of seconds. A few minutes later, I walked into the coffee shop and ordered my coffee and a strawberry Belgian waffle, which had a drizzle of sweet cream just the way I liked it. I walked to a table near the corner, which was away from the counter and the big crowd of people. When I got to my favorite spot, I took off my jacket and took some stuff out of my bookbag.

As I poured my sweet cream into my cup of coffee, the mix of cream and coffee swirled in a vortex of deliciousness. The steady stream rose to the ceiling of the quiet, small bakery and coffee shop as I began to open my bookbag and pull out my laptop. While my laptop was turning on, I grabbed my coffee while reading my novel and overheard something that caught my attention.

"What in the bloody hell is this?" Who is Satan? Is this vampire called Dracula? Oh, wait, that is me. My brain is so old that I do not know what century I am in. "Dracula," the old vampire said, while looking at one of the many versions of the world's most famous vampire novel, called "Dracula."
As I took a sip from my hot cup of coffee and looked up at the old stranger in the corner, I immediately laughed so hard that I choked on the hot coffee, and some even went out of my nose, which made my nostrils burn. I looked at him in a strange way, like I was dreaming, but I was not dreaming. Dracula himself was sitting there, reading a book, drinking coffee, and talking to himself while saying strange things you did not want to ask.

"Excuse me, Miss. May I borrow some creamer from your table, as it appears I may have poured all of my cream cups into my coffee?" He said so, looking me in the eyes.

I closed my copy of the "Interview with a Vampire" novel and spoke. "Sure, in fact, take as many as you like." In fact, I don't think I will use all of the creamer.
"Oh, thank you, darling, and if you don't mind me asking, what book are you reading?" He asked as he grabbed the small bowl of creamer from my table.
I am reading this book called "Interview with the Vampire" by one of my favorite authors, Ann Rice, and it is about a story of immortality, loyalty, and detachment. The main plot is about three vampires linked by the bond of immortality. In fact, it is a good novel, and I would recommend it to many people if they like classics like the book you are reading, "Dracula." I told him and investigated his red-thirsty, bloodshot eyes of hunger.

"In fact, I know him personally," he says quietly, hoping no one hears him.
"Dracula is the next book I will have to read for my college English class, and I must write an essay on why I picked these two books to read." "I also have to write a short story about why I chose these books and what makes them different," I told him as I cut my waffle in half.

"Hmm. You know how I can help you if you like, especially since I know him and I don't mind helping." "As long as I get a taste of your sweet, delicious blood," he said with a whisper.

When I heard him say he wanted to taste my blood, I felt a shiver go through my spine, which made me feel weird and uncomfortable. I was so shocked that I felt like the blood was drawn from my face, which made me look like a pale ghost. I felt like I was going to pass out right there and end up on the floor like some helpless, soulless victim of being attacked.

"Are you okay, my darling?" Did I scare you or something? I hope you didn't hear the last part. "Sometimes I talk to myself, but I end up talking out loud." He said this while looking deeply into my eyes.

"Um, yeah.. I mean what.." I said this in a panicked tone and looked around for someone to notice that something was wrong.

"Sweetie, it's okay." "I will just take a quick taste; in fact, no one will notice that I am quick," he said, chuckling.

"Um, no thank you; in fact, I need to go and, um, feed my cat at home," I said while rushing to pack up my stuff to leave.

"Darling, you are not leaving me thirsty," he said, quickly grabbing my left wrist so I wouldn't run away.

"Let me go now; I don't want to see your human bloodbath; in fact, I will scram so loudly that someone will hear me and notice." I said as my heart started to pound faster and faster, to the point where I felt like my heart would burst out of my chest.

"Just give me one small taste; I'm dying for a taste; in fact, if I don't get a taste of blood soon, I might die," he whispered in my ear while talking behind me.
"Not in a million years, and not even for a cup of warm coffee in your lifetime," I told him as I struggled to get out of his grip.

His fangs were on my neck in seconds, and I felt the sharp teeth against my skin as fresh blood dripped down my neck. My neck was burning like it was on fire, but I couldn't help but let out a few moans because it felt so good and I just wanted him to keep going. A few minutes later, while he was sucking the blood out of me, I felt like I was going to pass out, and I eventually did, to the point where my body was a bit cold and lifeless.

A few minutes later, I woke up from laying on the floor with blood dripping from my neck. The bite was sharp, like I had been stabbed in the neck, and it hurt so bad that I felt like screaming in pain. When I finally became conscious, I saw a group of people around me, looking at me like they had just witnessed a murder. As I got up, I felt like my face was red, and I asked if anyone noticed if there was a vampire in the shop, to which everyone said they didn't see anything. One lady thought my blood sugar was low and gave me some chocolate. When I ate the chocolate, I looked around the shop and didn't see the vampire; I must have been daydreaming and probably forgot to eat or drink more. I looked over to the corner table, and I didn't see a vampire or any trace of him. In that moment, I thought I had gone insane and had a panic attack to the point where I passed out. I guess I should never stay up late and read lots of things on vampires, especially Dracula, and research my novels while being sleep deprived.