14. The Halloween Killer (Halloween Short Story)

One of your friends invites you to a Halloween party at their place. When you reach the venue, all you can see is a graveyard and a person covered in blood waving at you.

Summary:

When your town has a serial killer known as "the Halloween Killer," each Halloween with a full blood moon, he finds his next victim, and some say he has a list of his next victims, while others say it's just random. No one really knows why, but there are a lot of reasons and rumors.

Kinsley is the daughter of the chief of police, who happens to stick her nose in classified cases of the "Halloween Killer." She has an unhealthy obsession with finding clues and leads to help close cold cases, just like her dad. Some people say she will be the next chief of police if she follows in his footsteps.

Halloween should be a fun night filled with having fun, like having a party, trick-or-treating, being with friends, watching horror and thriller movies, eating candy, or carving pumpkins, but not standing in an open graveyard with someone else covered in blood waving at you.

It was finally October, my favorite season and time of the year. Why, you might ask? It's because of a number of reasons, like watching horror movies, reading or writing spooky stories, going to pumpkin patches, drinking some hot apple cider or even pumpkin spice drinks, and of course eating all the best fall treats like caramel apples, pie, and many more. One of the reasons I love October is because it's my birthday month, and I get to celebrate my birthday on Halloween. Some people say being a Halloween baby is a curse because bad things can happen, and another group of people say it's a blessing, like having a superpower like raising the dead from graveyards. I just think people say these types of things to scare me, especially when I know how much I love watching horror and thriller movies and, of course, reading and writing some spooky scary stories. This year I thought of going out for my birthday to a Halloween party at one of my friends' houses instead of staying inside and just watching horror movies with my family.

A few weeks before Halloween, my best friend asked while we were by our lockers in school:

"Hey Kinsley, have you heard the best news yet?" She said this while struggling to get her books into a pile and adding more books to the pile of books in her arms.

"No, I haven't heard the news yet, but I did hear there was going to be a big Halloween bash at Eric's house." My brother said it was one of the biggest parties of the year, and he said there should be an invitation to the party coming soon. I told her and took a few books out of her arms before she fell to the ground.

"Hopefully we get an invite this year; last year it was at a top-secret location that no one knew about, but there were some clues like a map or something." "I wouldn't know I wasn't invited, but hopefully I will this year," she said as she slammed her locker, which made a ringing sound in my ears and made my head hurt.

"Hey, I wasn't invited either, but I hope I get invited too," I said as we turned around and started walking to our class.

As we walked to our last class of the day, I saw my brother Greyson walking down the hallway towards us with his group of friends, laughing about last year's Halloween party, which I couldn't go to because I was a sophomore and the party was only for the popular kids, plus I wasn't even sixteen yet.

"Hey asshole, are you coming home tonight or are you going to go sneak off somewhere and make out with a girl or probably smoke some weed or something?" I said this as I looked straight into his eyes.

"Hey bitch, you know stalking your brother is creepy, and well, you know I have football practice tonight, and then the guys and I are going to meet up with some girls for food afterwards." He said this and laughed while throwing a football back and forth from one hand to the other.