goodbye

every since kehlani died, I've been coming to her grave every week or every day when im not busy. sometimes adeya comes with me and we would talk about our day or how we've been. but lately, adeya been failing school and my company has been getting worse. I came up with the idea of us moving away and have a fresh start. i told adeya and she agreed, so now we're on the way to the cemetery.

" adeya, I know this will be hard for the both of us but I think it'll be better for us to move on and restart" i said, as I parked the car.
"momma I understand. I agree that this is what's best for us" adeya said, crying.

if kehlani could see how adeya turned out, she'd be proud. even though she's not been passing, she's still been able to take care of me and herself, respect  others, and talking about her mother when she have the chance.

"okay. let go" I whispered, getting out the car, with tears in my eyes. we walked over to the gravestone and sat down next to it.

"mom, it's been 5 years since you passed and me and momma haven't been doing well. i will always think about you and you're always alive in my heart. if you were alive right now, you would be laughing and smiling with us. I would always remember when you would always make funny jokes to me and sing me to sleep. even though you would get on my nerves sometimes..." she laughed "I still love you and I'll always will" I wiped the tears off her cheeks and she asked me if she could sit on the bench that was not to far away.

"you'd be proud of adeya. she's always making sure that I'm okay and making sure that I eat and sleep every day. she's like mini you." I laughed "we've talking and came to the conclusion of us  moving away. we're leaving early tomorrow morning so this will be the last time of our daily talks. yesterday I found a box in the attic. it was filled with memories, videos, prom pictures, dates, love letters, you name it. i found an old video that you took for adeya when she get older. I think she should watch it when we move to our new house. even though we won't be here anymore, me and adeya got some stuff we would like to leave here"

I pulled out our first promise ring. "you bought this for me in high school. the promise was that if 'anything ever happen to one of us, we would never let it hold us back from accomplishing our dreams.' I'm sorry to say but I broke that promise. after you passed, I stopped working as hard as I did for the company and I barely ate. I'm so sorry"

I wiped the tears off of my face and pulled out the next item. "these are the lyrics for a song you wrote just for me. you wrote it on out 2nd anniversary.  i have the tape recording but i figured that you can have the lyrics."

I laughed when I pulled out the last three things I brought. "this photo was when you gave birth to adeya. you was knocked out and adeya kept crying for me. this photo is your favorite photo from our high school prom. we never toke anything serious. we had out tongues out and fingers in out ears while the people was yelling at us to be serious. this last photo was at our wedding. you always said that this was the best day of your life. adeya was the flower girl and you was crying because you couldn't see me getting dressed. I have a videotape in the trunk of the whole wedding and I'm planning on watching it was adeya tonight."

I dug a small hole next to the grave and buried the items.

"kehlani, you will always be in my heart but like I said before, this is what's best for us. I hope you will still look over me and adeya. I love you"

I got up and stood over the grave.

"I will always love you, kehlani"

I got adeya and we said our goodbyes and got in the truck.

now, I can say it for one last time...

Goodbye, Kehlani Ashley Parrish

kehlani pov

"I will always love you, kehlani"

"I love you more, y/n y/m/n y/l/n...goodbye, my love"