Chapter 2

Calvin O'Keeffe, Sam Pan and Charles Wallace Murry were watching the morning show themselves.

"How the heck did Upps lose his voice?" said Sam.

"And so quickly too" said Charles Wallace.

"This might be a job for the Dynamic Duo until we get notified" said Calvin.

Just then they heard a trumpet.

"I think we're notified now. It's the Warrior siren" said Sam.

"You're right, Sam. To the Changing Tree!" said Calvin.

The kids went into the Changing Tree for some quick changing.

They put on their red, green and blue uniforms and delivered their oath.

Calvin: Any time!

Charles Wallace: Any place!

Sam: The Three Warriors...

All: Are on the case!

The kids looked at the Finder Flag which told them to go to Gotham Police Headquarters.

When they got there, Batman and Robin told them everything they saw and investigated the umbrella.

"It's merely an ordinary umbrella with a mild electric shock device built into the handle" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Hardly enough to cause a man to lose his speech" said Batman.

"Well, he's not in any pain, but he can't say a word for the life of him" said Chief O'Hara.

"A serious detriment for an announcer" said Calvin.

"Did you find any causes?" said Charles Wallace.

"The poor man's been checked from tonsils to toenails, Charles Wallace, but all to no avail" said Commissioner Gordon.

"I think we should concentrate on who did it rather than how it was done. Commissioner, did you follow my suggestion?" said Batman.

"Yes, Batman, but the Joker, the Riddler and the Penguin are all three in jail. It wasn't any of them" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Hmm. May we take this with us?" said Batman.

"Of course, by all means" said Commissioner Gordon. 

"What do we want the umbrella for? It's useless" said Sam.

"Not useless, Sam. Perhaps, one of the instruments in the Batcave may be able to shed some light on this baffling puzzle. Come along, all of you" said Batman.

The Dynamic Duo and the Three Warriors then left the office.