Chapter 18

After Catwoman and the kittens were arrested, Chad and Jeremy got their voices back and were finally able to perform at the police ball.

The Three Warriors watched them from the balcony while Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson sat in a royal box across the room with Alfred and Aunt Harriet.

"Aren't they great, Alfred?" said Dick.

"They certainly do sway, don't they?" said Alfred.

"Very hap, Alfred" said Aunt Harriet. 

"It's hip, Aunt Harriet. They changed it" said Dick.

As Chad and Jeremy sang one of their less popular songs, Commissioner Gordon joined the crowd.

"Well, well! Bruce Wayne" he said.

"Commissioner Gordon. How nice to hear your voice again" said Bruce.

"My grandchildren insisted that I come and hear Chad and Jeremy. Bit on the groovy side aren't they?" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Every era has its own music. So in art, so in matters of speech" said Bruce.

"Of course. The essence of progress is change" said Aunt Harriet.

"A point well taken, Mrs Cooper. But we must hope that the Three Warriors never change. And there's one other pair presently in the public eye which I pray will never suffer the stigma of antiquity" said Commissioner Gordon.

"Batman and Robin, Commissioner?" said Aunt Harriet.

"You took the words right out of my mouth, Mrs Cooper" said Commissioner Gordon.

Bruce and Dick looked at each other with knowing smiles and continued to enjoy the performance.

Even Chad and Jeremy agreed that Batman and Robin should never changed.

Ever since then, whenever they perform with their voices restored, they dedicate their performances to Batman and Robin.