O18'

O18'

Beatrice Shelby was made to stay at 57 Watery Lane as most of the family were at a meeting with The Gold Family.

"Maybe you could cook something to take your mind off it." Helen suggested before she heard a large banging on the door. Beatrice walked to it "I'm looking for Tommy."  The Policeman said as Beatrice opened the door "He's not here." She told him "Can I leave a message?" The officer asked "I suppose." Beatrice sighed frustratedly.

"The uh, intelligence service in London have sent seven officers up to Birmingham to take over the investigation into Communists and seditionists. They've got a list of people of great interest and, uh, top of that list is Ada Thorne, formerly Shelby. Now they seem to think that she came back from New York to organise a revolution in Birmingham." The policeman explained "Tell them they're wrong, Ada came over for Christmas and is only staying to grieve her brother." Beatrice said half lying.

"Thing is when you get a mark on your name it's hard to shift it and they will come looking for her."  The policeman said in a threading tone which caused the woman to scoff "Tell them there's a queue everybody wants a Shelby." Beatrice retorted "Mrs Shelby. These are military men no less dangerous than any Italians. You tell Tommy. I think he'll understand, I bid goodnight to you" the policeman told her.

Beatrice Shelby went to bed and waited for Arthur to return, when he did he fell asleep almost instantly. So early in the morning Beatrice decided she would go down to the stables and visit some of the horses, she told Helen to watch the children and make sure that Arthur ate before he left.

Beatrice saw May Carleton "Who might you be?" May asked "Beatrice, Shelby. I guess your the one who's training the pretty one for the race." Beatrice introduced herself "I am yes, a man mentioned the Mafia, should i be concerned?" Beatrice sighed knowing Curly had accidentally let it slip. "You're not family, so unless the children were to call you Auntie you're really not important to them." Beatrice said almost appalled that the woman thought herself so superior that she would be involved in something that she would never had heard about had Curly not mentioned it.

"Are you all related?" May asked  the woman curiously "Family's more than blood" Beatrice said before walking off.  Once Beatrice had finished up at the stables and talked with Charlie and Curly for almost an hour and a half she made her way back home where she was met by Polly and Helen doting over a baby each as Peggy played.

"Mummy." The blonde girl smiled "Hello Princess." Beatrice smiled "You look stressed what's the matter?" Helen and Polly asked in unison "A policeman came by last night said some government agents think Ada's here to start a communist revolution" Beatrice sighed. "I'll let Thomas know." Polly sighed "I can do  it Poll." Beatrice told her "I'm sorry." Polly stated "It's alright, you've come to sense and it's no matter, you're family. For what it's worth, I'm sorry too" Beatrice told the woman who nodded.

Arthur and Tommy were leant against the back wall of 57 Watery lane. Beatrice walked outside. "Can I talk to you two for minute?" Beatrice asked them "What about love?" Arthur asked a tear dripping from his eyes "At ten last night, I got a visit from a policeman. He banged on the door profusely until i opened and then informed me that there was a list of people that the government had sent agents to well he didn't clarify but, he informed me that Ada was at the top of that list, and when I went to the stables this morning, Curly had let it slip about the Mafia to your Horse Lady Tom." Beatrice explained to them

"For fucks sake." Tommy sighed "Curly didn't mean it, she provoked him into it, asking about things and just don't get upset with him alright." Beatrice told him. Tommy nodded and sighed "Arthur, would you like to head upstairs with me for a moment?" Trix asked her husband "The kids." Arthur began but he was cut off "Let's head upstairs." Beatrice insisted "Go and have your fun Arthur." Tommy chuckled dryly

EM TALKS
the shelby women of peaky blinders was set anytime after the 60's:

EM TALKSthe shelby women of peaky blinders was set anytime after the 60's: