Chapter 4: The Past - Part 1

"What is this place?" Steve asks, as we all get out of the cars. I walk to the front door.

"My current place of residence." I say. I open the door to a dark room. I closed my eyes and touched the light switch as I flipped it on. I felt the electricity shoot from my body into the switch. Making the lights come on. One of the many powers I developed. I can control electricity quite well. Eleven's strength was telekinesis.

"Welcome to my humble abode." I say waving my hand out. Robin and Dustin sat on the couch while Steve leaned against the wall with his arms crossed. I couldn't look away. God, he looked good. Come on! Snap out of it! I decided to sit on the floor next to the TV, across from the couch.

"Ok, you said you know about the....what did you call them?" I asked.

"Demobats." Dustin replies.

"A too close encounter that I don't want again anytime soon." Steve adds.

"Me either. We lost a friend to them." Dustin says with tears forming in his eyes. Robin rubs his back and gives him a look, saying it's ok. I can't help but feel a bit of guilt. I look up at Dustin.

"I'm sorry." Was all I could get out. As much as I wanted to give him a moment, I needed to know exactly how much they knew.
"What else, besides the demobats, do you know about?"

Robin speaks up for them. "We know about the gates and the upside down. Well, they have more experience than I do, having dealt with demogorgons and dust stuff, and mine is more flesh monster and bats." She is rambling. "Well, and now we know about Henry/One/Vecna and how he wants to bring the world and the upside down into one and now with the gates broken wide open in Hawkins its happening and-"

Steve interrupts.
"Woah, Robin! Give away everything, why don't ya. I'm curious about how she knows. Is she working for Vecna?" Vecna, huh? I guess that makes sense.

"Really Steve?! Does she seem like someone who is under his control like Billy was?" Dustin says, defending me. Wow.

"Dustin, it's fine. Steve has every right to be suspicious. Sounds like you've all been through a lot." I say. Steve looks at me suspiciously. Makes me sad. So let's give them a reason to trust me. They told me what they knew, even if it's just Robin's highlights. My turn, I guess. I took a deep breath. "I know about the upside down, the creatures, the one who you call Vecna, and his plans, but........" I debate if I should tell them about how I know him. If I don't and they find out, they will definitely think I work for him. But I don't want to put anyone else in danger. I cave and tell them.
"I knew him when he was Henry and became One." They look at each other.

"How is that possible? He was part of the group at Hawkins Lab with El." Dustin asks.

"El?" I ask.

"She's a girl that had superpowers and created the gates. Then she closed them and lost her powers, and now she has them back somehow." Steve tells me. I shake my head lost in disbelief by what he just said. It can't be? She died......didn't she?

"Wait, does she have a tattoo on her left wrist?" I asked. My heart is beating faster.

"Yea. The number 11." Dustin answers. My heart jumps into my throat, and I tear up.

"Shes......Eleven's alive?" I ask as a tear falls.

"How do you...." Robin starts. I cut her off.

"I was there.......with her. I was part of Hawkins Lab. She was my sister." I start to sob. Steve comes and sits next to me and rubs my back. I put my face in my hands and say with a muffle. "I was told she was dead."

"She's alive. Here in Hawkins, actually with the rest of the gang." Dustin says with a smile. I look up, wiping my eyes. "Wait, if she's your sister, then do you have powers too?" He asks curiously.

"Dustin!" Robin gets on to him. I give a small smile.

"Yes. It's probably different than hers now. Here....... let me show you something." I get up and grab a bandana out of my room.

"Oh, she does this, but mainly to search for people. She just recently figured out how to reach into minds but she tells us what she sees." Dustin explains.

"Ah, well, I've probably developed mine a little more. I'm not the best at finding people. That was her. That's what Papa mainly used her for. I could enter minds and memories. Change things if I need to. I also have a skill with electricity. With the two, I'm able to project what I see onto the TV. In this case, my memory." I tell him. I take and blindfold myself. I sit with my legs crossed with one hand on the TV.