Chapter 4- The Party

Once I get home, I open the front door, surprised.

"Vicki, what are you doing here?" I ask. She is sitting at my kitchen counter with my mom.

"Vicki said there is a party going on tonight..." My mom begins.

"Yeah but I don't want to go."

"Wait, you heard about the party already?" Vicki asks.

"Yeah my friend from work, Chris, goes to Ridgewood and he asked if I wanted to go."

"Well you're going." My mom says. I'm a bit surprised she wants me to go so badly.

"What-"

"Oh c'mon Lana. This is literally your opportunity to meet new people." Vicki says. I didn't think about that..

"I know, I am just tired." I protest.

"Well suck it up, because you are going to that party."

"Now c'mon, we need to get ready!" Vicki says, dragging me upstairs to my room. She then begins digging through my closet.

"This could work." Vicki says, throwing a blue floral dress of mine onto my bed.

—----------

"So who was the guy who invited you to the party?" Vicki asks me suddenly, wiggling her eyes.

"Have you forgotten that I have a boyfriend?" I ask, "And his name is Chris."

"Does he have dark curly hair?" She asks, curling her hair.

"Yes."

"How is work going anyways?"

"Good except there was this one jerk today who I served." I explain.

"Who? Does he go to Ridgewood?"

"Yeah. And I am pretty sure his name is Tyler." Vicki's eyes instantly light up.

"Tyler Clark?" She asks.

"I think so."

"He is a total hottie." Yep, we are definitely talking about the same person. He was pretty attractive....

"Yeah well he is a dick."

"True. Every girl at Ridgewood is in love with him. He gets with a lot of girls but he never goes all the way with any of them."

"Well besides Bella Miller. They were pretty serious freshman year but they broke up once she cheated on him. That's kind of when he turned into a total jerk and started going through girls like beer bottles."

"Like beer bottles?" I ask, laughing.

"Hey, stop judging my use of figurative language. English was never my thing." Vicki says, laughing now too.

"Me neither." I left my brown hair straight down, which is how my hair naturally is anyways. I put on some light makeup and I am wearing the dress Vicki picked out:

 I put on some light makeup and I am wearing the dress Vicki picked out: