Chapter 19- Misunderstanding

I sent Tyler a few text messages and it's been three days now, and he still hasn't responded. I wonder what's up with him. I even tried to call him as well.

I don't know if I should feel concerned or hurt. Is he ghosting me or is something up?

As for Chris, well I haven't spoken to him either.

"I'll be quick, I just have to grab a few things and then we can go." My mom says from the drivers seat of her car. We are currently out in town for today and she is grocery shopping. I personally hate grocery shopping, so I'm going to go to the yogurt shop that is right across the street.

"Do you want anything from the yogurt place?" I ask.

"I'm good." She says before getting out of the car.

After I pay, I head out of the yogurt place. When I exit, I come face to face with Tyler. He looks surprised to see me too but his face goes neutral a second later.

"Hi." I say. He doesn't respond and instead, pulls the door handle open to go into the yogurt place. I grab his hand and he turns back around. He has a mad look spread across his face.

"What's up with you?" I ask, confused.

"Just do me a favor and leave me alone." He says before disappearing inside. I'm stunned. What the hell happened? Is he still mad about the whole hand thing or something?

Great, now two people are mad at me. Chris and now Tyler.

I wait outside the yogurt place for my mom.

"Do you mind holding this for me?" She asks, handing me a carton of milk. I decide to put it in my left hand because my right hand is occupied with my yogurt. I shouldn't have done that because it causes a stinging pain to go off inside me. Shit, I forgot about my hand.

"Ouch." I say, dropping the milk. It makes a noise as it drops but luckily, it didn't break or spill.

"What happened? Are you okay?" My mom asks with concern. I forgot to tell her about my hand.

"Yeah. I just forgot that I hurt my hand, that's all." I explain.

"Let me see." She says, gently grabbing my hand and looking at it. Her eyes widen.

"Oh my poor baby. What happened?" She asks.

"Me and my friend were both opening a door at the same time. It's really too complicated to explain but I'm fine." I say.

"We should get this checked out." My mom says.

"Mom, I'm fine. Really." I reassure her.

"You have to tell me when things like this happen, Lana." She says, frustrated.

"Sorry." I mutter before we head to the car.

The next day:

I wake up with a sour feeling. I have work today with Chris and I haven't spoken to him since he kissed me. That is going to be so awkward. I'm still not sure if I should approach him or if I should let him approach me.

Once I finish getting ready, I head downstairs.

"I'm heading to work mom!" I shout.

"Have fun." My mom shouts back from upstairs.

After a short drive, I pull into the work parking lot. I anxiously head towards the kitchen. Chris is there, doing the regular opening shift tasks. He really always has to get here early.

"Hi." I say as I put my nametag on.

"Hey." He says.

"Uh look can we talk?" He asks suddenly.