Chapter 16- What Are you Doing Here?

I am currently hanging up my painting on the wall right above my bed. I look over to it, happy with the finished product. I get broken out of my thoughts when I suddenly hear my doorbell ring. I run downstairs, curious as to who it is. I open the door and the second I see who it is, my heart drops. It's Drew. He's standing there, looking at the ground nervously fidgeting with his hand. What is he doing here? The second I open the door, he looks up. I feel frozen at the sight of him here.

"Lana." He says.

"What- what are you doing here?" I ask, frozen in place. The last time he came here, things didn't end very well.

"I'm here to see you. I need to talk to you." He says.

"You made it pretty clear you wanted nothing to do with me the last time we spoke."

"I know and I'm sorry. I've been doing a lot of thinking and I realized how much I miss you-" He begins but I interrupt him.

"No Drew. It isn't fair what you did to me. You thought you saw something and then you automatically believed it without giving me a chance to explain myself. You didn't let me get one word in before you proceeded to call me a slut." I say, tears forming in my eyes. I hated thinking back to that night because it hurt so much.

"Lana-"

"I sat in my room for a day thinking about what you said. Hating myself a little because you said you didn't love me anymore. But then I realized the one thing our relationship lacked was trust. You were so quick to believe that I was cheating on you when in reality I wasn't and it was just simply wrong place at the wrong time." I begin, "Drew I literally fell into that guy and you didn't even question if I was cheating on you with him. You just believed it so quickly." I say, wiping the tears from my eyes. His face turns soft in an instant. One of the things I loved so much about Drew was how soft he was. How gentle he was with me. But I don't think I can ever look at him the same. He then reaches out to me but I take a step back.

"Drew no." His face is full of regret.

"Lana I'm so sorry. I fucked up big time. I miss you so much and I have been going crazy without you. Is there any way we could make this work again?" He asks. I sit there for a second to fully process his words. Getting back together? I hadn't really thought about that. I don't think I ever could.

"I'm sorry but there's no way we can ever go back to how things were knowing that you don't trust me. Things wouldn't work anyways Drew, let's be real, we live 378 miles away from each other." I state. He stands there for a moment, in thought.

"Is there someone else?" He asks suddenly.

"Uh well you see-" I begin but he interrupts me. I'm not sure what to call Tyler and I.

"What a lucky guy." He says. I don't respond, not knowing what to say in response to that.

"Bye Drew." I say.

"Bye Lana." He responds as he walks down my front steps. I go back into my house and stand there for a second, collecting my thoughts. I didn't get to actually get closure with Drew since he just kind of left but now, it hurts to accept that things are finally over. But as much as it hurts, I wouldn't change anything. Maybe I would change the way everything had to happen but I'm better off without him in my life romantically. And I'm happy to continue getting to know Tyler. There's just something different about Tyler. He makes me nervous, never actually knowing what he's going to do or say next. And just the way he's misunderstood. Or how he never fails to make my heart skip a beat...

Get it together, Lana.

And now that I'm thinking about it, did Drew really come all this way to get back together with me? There's no way. He must've been in town for something...