Chapter 8- The Surf Lesson

"Boo." I say to Chris, tapping him on the shoulder. He jumps a mile in response.

"Jeez, you scared me." He says, holding his hand to his heart.

"Now you know how it feels."

"Oh c'mon, I snuck up on you like once."

"And now you're getting payback."

After a slow work day, I stand by the register, waiting for someone to come. Why is it so slow today?

"Hey Lana, would you mind grabbing the new shipments of sugar packets from outside? I believe a truck just dropped them off." Kristen asks me.

"Yeah no problem." I say. I go outside to the front of the club, looking out for a delivery truck. However I don't see one. Instead, I see Tyler putting his surfboard onto the top of his truck. He wraps a towel around his neck as he starts walking towards the entrance.

"You know, it's weird to just stand outside watching cars as they pass by." He says with a smirk.

"I am waiting for a delivery truck. And dry off more before you walk inside, you're going to drip water all over the floor." I say, referring to the fact that he is literally covered in water and sand.

"Sue me because I went surfing." He says, putting his hands up in surrender.

"Surfing?"

"It's a thing where you go on a board and ride waves." He explains to me, pausing in between words.

"I know what surfing is, I've just never been." I reply. He looks at me, shocked.

"You've never been surfing??" He asks me.

"Nope. I almost got lessons in Hawaii but I left last minute because I was too scared."

"Wow. Well, do you want to learn?" He asks. Where is he going with this...

"Oh like you're going to teach me how to surf." I say.

"Why do you sound so surprised. Football isn't the only thing I am good at."

"The ocean doesn't scare you?" I ask.

"I take it you are scared of the ocean." He states.

"Uhh maybe a bit."

"Well you're in luck because you happen to be looking at someone who is an amazing surfer. Plus the weather today is perfect." It would be cool to learn to surf... I just wish I wasn't so scared of the ocean. I don't exactly like the idea of swimming and not knowing what is under you.

"Uh okay. But I'm going to suck."

"I know." He says laughing. I shove him over in response.

"I can pick you up from your house at 2." He offers.

"Can I have your number?" I ask.

"Wow slow down there, don't you have a boyfriend?" He asks, jokingly.

"So I can text you my address dummy." He hands me his phone and I plug my number in and text the address to myself.

Once I get home, I quickly look through my closet for a swimsuit to wear. I literally have like two swimsuits because of how rarely I go in the water. I decide on wearing a black bikini piece I own. I put on a tank top and some jean shorts to go over. I leave my hair down and put on a hat. I can't believe that Tyler is teaching me how to surf. A couple weeks ago, I couldn't even stand looking at his face. I suddenly hear a honk from outside. How obnoxious...

He's sitting in his red ford truck on his phone with the sunroof off. I open the car door and sit down, placing my tote back down on the ground in front of me.