Chapter 9- Drew?

I wake up to see I got some texts from Vicki and her friends:

Hazel:

Beach bonfire tonight. You guys in?

Emma:

Duh

Nicole:

Hell yeah

Vicki:

Count me in.

Me:

Yes!

Hazel:

Okay perfect, let's meet there at 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey did you hear about the bonfire tonight?" Chris asks.

"Yeah, are you going?" I ask.

"Yep, what about you?"

"I'm planning on it."

Work today has been very slow yet again. Where did everyone go? Well of course Tyler is here. He's sitting at a nearby table with his friends. They must of all just been at the clubs gym or something considering they're all wearing athletic clothes. Tyler looks over to me for a brief second before averting his eyes back to his conversation.

"Why has work been so slow today?" I ask.

"I don't know but I am not complaining. All we have to do is stand around, waiting for someone to order something." Chris states. I hear the assistance bell ring and I turn around to face the next customer. It takes me a second to process that my boyfriend, Drew, is standing behind the counter.

"Oh my God, Drew!" I exclaim. I run out from behind the counter and he wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a tight hug. He still smells like he always does, cologne and a hint of vanilla.

"I missed you so much babe." He says to me. I can tell we got some stares because Tyler and all his friends are staring at me.

"I can't believe you're here." I say.

"Yeah well I was looking at flights and they were super cheap for this week."

"That's great! How long will you be in town for?" I ask.

"I leave tomorrow night." He says with a frown.

"I know it isn't long but I had to be back for a baseball tournament." He explains. I hear a cough from behind. Chris is looking at me, amused.

"Drew, this is my friend Chris. Chris, this is my boyfriend Drew."

"Nice to finally meet the lucky guy." Chris states, holding his hand out for Drew to shake.

"You too." Drew looks down at me with a smile. I lean into his chest and he brings his head down to kiss me.

"So does this mean that Drew will be going to the bonfire tonight too?" Chris asks.

"What bonfire?" Drew asks.

"Oh I was just about to tell you about it. Do you want to come?" I ask. I hope he doesn't get mad that I didn't tell him earlier. I really don't want a scene.

"Ehh why not?" Drew asks.

"Okay perfect."

"Lana." Kristen states suddenly. She's standing in the doorway with an unreadable expression.