VII. FOREVER YOUNG

VII. FOREVER YOUNG

"How could you not tell me you were dating a ghost?" Flynn spoke through a mouthful of popcorn, nudging her elbow into Dahlia's side. The Molina girl had been contently munching on a Hershey bar, her eyes fixated on the screen in front of them, though she began to choke on air as soon as the question tumbled off of Flynn's lips.

The three girls were currently huddled up on Julie's bed, because it was bigger and cozier than Dahlia's—which was an opinion Dahlia did not agree with, though that was not the subject of the matter. She and the other two girls were binging a bunch of Disney classics, Dahlia's silver laptop on its lowest brightness as the volume was on the highest setting.

The device had been firmly planted against a stack of pillows and books for a better view, though it had been horribly balanced as it swayed with every shuffle on the bed.

The room was calmingly quiet, the only sound being the laptop's volume and the tuned out chewing and crinkling of wrappers. So far, Dahlia managed to stay in the exact same position as they flew through Frozen, Toy Story, The Little Mermaid, and she had been exceedingly comfortably wedged between a pillow and Flynn's shoulder as they had been halfway through Tangled.

They may or may not have talked through over half of every movie...but in their defense, they were catching up—especially given their current situation with the Molina's new garage residents.

It was nearing two in the morning, though the girls were still hyped up with a seemingly endless amount of energy. The crumpled up cans of soda certainly added onto their sugar rush, the popcorn and candy there for a traditional girl's night.

Everything was going perfectly, and Dahlia could feel her eyes closing as she rested her side further on Flynn's arm, and she was just about dozing off, chocolate bar still in hand, when Flynn had asked one of the most absurd questions she had ever heard.

Flynn repeated her question like it was the most natural thing she had ever said, "since when were you and orange beanie a thing?" she said again, as Dahlia suddenly reminded herself breathing was a thing as she gulped and took a long breath before meeting Flynn's eyes.

"...What?" she said, her candy bar and sleep long forgotten as she turned her body fully to face Flynn, her jaw dropped as she blinked incredulously.

Flynn raised an eyebrow, as if she was expecting to hear more about the situation. Dahlia could faintly see Julie pause the movie in the corner of her eye, and the younger sister shuffled closer to Flynn, resting her head on her best friend's shoulder as Dahlia suddenly had two of the most intimidating stares directed her way.

Dahlia furrowed her brows as she watched their amusement rise, crossing her arms as she rolled her shoulders back. She had tried to appear unbothered, but her body had betrayed her with the bashful blush creeping on her cheeks.