IX. ECHOES OF THE PAST

Dahlia found herself standing in front of the Wilson Mansion thirty minutes later, her fingers covered in tiny scrapes from the barbed fence she had climbed moments prior. The brunette smoothed down her hair, glancing at her surroundings.

Julie had devised a plan on their way to Carrie's house—which Dahlia was sure would fail. The younger Molina and Flynn planned to distract Carrie downstairs while Dahlia climbed in through the upstairs balcony to find the ghosts.

According to Julie, the plan was virtually foolproof. Dahlia prayed she was right, and the brunette wouldn't find herself spending the time in jail after being caught for breaking and entering.

As Dahlia tiptoed inside, she could hear Carrie's footsteps downstairs as she opened the front door. The brunette could hear the voices of Julie and Flynn as she got closer to the stairs, their voices eventually fading out as she ventured deeper into the house.

Dahlia cautiously made her way up the grand staircase, her heart pounding in her chest. She had never been inside Carrie's mansion before, and the opulence of the surroundings both fascinated and intimidated her. The walls were adorned with expensive paintings, and crystal chandeliers hung gracefully from the ceiling, casting a soft glow throughout the house.

Finding her way to a hallway, Dahlia began searching for the ghosts. The house seemed larger than she had anticipated, with multiple rooms branching off in different directions. Every step she took echoed through the quiet mansion, making her feel as though she was intruding on a secret world. Her mind raced with the thought of what she might uncover once she found the ghosts.

While her focus was on locating her mischievous friends, the brunette couldn't help but notice the underlying sadness that seemed to permeate every corner of the house. It was as if the mansion itself held the weight of the past, whispering secrets and harboring fragments of old memories. Dahlia wondered, just for a moment, if Trevor felt any sense of remorse for what he had done to his friends.

Suddenly, Dahlia heard a noise coming from the adjacent hallway. She could hear loud snickering—which she quickly realized belonged to Reggie and Luke. The brunette's eyes widened as she tried her best to follow the sound.

Dahlia's feet carried her down the hallway, until she eventually caught sight of the ghosts. She saw Reggie and Luke laughing, while Alex was leaning against a door at the end of the hallway, using all of his strength to keep it shut.

As the brunette drew closer to the boys, she could hear shouts coming from behind the closed door. She quickly put two and two together, realizing the ghosts has decided to trap Trevor inside of a bathroom. Why the ghosts found that so funny, she didn't know.

Dahlia's footsteps continued to creep towards the boys, the hallway she walked through painfully bare. The brunette's stealth was suddenly interrupted when the door bursted open, Trevor practically falling out onto the floor.