9| I'm what's wrong

'Shoto, let's break free from the old man. Don't let him just do what he wants' Though it is easier said than done, he knew his brother meant not to follow in their father's footsteps.

That day Shoto vowed to never use the fire power he had obtained from his father, a promise he never knew he would break. It was also on that day that Natsuo discovered just how broken his brother was and promised himself to get his brother the help he needed, starting with his mental issues. He left to start his studies to become a doctor not long after. But returned once during winter break to slip Shoto his Zolac pills to hopefully help his mental state improve.. or at least prevent it from escalating..

Too much.

Shoto was put back into school at the ripe age of 11 years old. The young student being quite attractive, regardless of his burn covered face, earned quite a few glances from the people at his new school, including the teachers. This action did not go unnoticed by the heterochromatic and only seemed to worsen his anxiety.
'They probably see me as a freak. Just a monster who shouldn't dare approach them with my disgusting face.' He completely forgot about the mark being invisible thanks to the makeup artists and stylists that helped him with his disguise, including make up.
'You should just leave and go back home! At least that way no one will have to look at you, you monster!'
'No I have to enter the class and follow the lessons.. father won't be happy with me already slouching on my first day'
'Your father doesn't care about you. No one does! Why not just do everyone a favour and end yourself? At least you can save people from the burden that you are!'
'You're right.. you always are..'

Shoto panicks slightly. He just decides that this is normal behaviour and he is overreacting. This is his first day after all..
Once he reached his homeroom he was welcomed in by his new teacher, a male somewhere in his mid 20's to early 30's. There he introduced himself and had the boy do the same infront of the class. The new student was a bit nervous and unsure but did what was required of his as he proceeded to introduce himself. The formal language was one of the first things his classmates noticed other than what the boy was wearing. Shoto was not wearing a uniform yet, he had not yet had the opportunity to pick it up so he was wearing the clothes his father's workers had given him to wear. All branded from head to toe.. and feminine as per their orders.

After class ended the teacher called him to the front under the ruse of informing him about the school, including its protocol and whatnot.

The male continued making advances to the boy and was luckily stopped by the bell signalling that the break had ended and a new teacher entered. This woman started shamelessly forcing herself on the clueless boy, making him very uncomfortable. The lady's attitude was inappropriate considering her position and the 10+ year age gap did not help either.

'That lady sure is pushing her luck.. I mean look at how uncomfortable he is!'
'A teacher should not abuse their power like that'
'Do I do that?' Mineta inquired, 'am I really just as gross as that old woman?'. The grape boy seemed to find the similarities between the actions if the adult and himself. It disgusted him now that he was able to see for himself how the victim felt and how shameless the pushy lady was. It was like a mirror, which caused him to reflect on his actions in the past as he was convinced that this was in no way okay behaviour.
'Girls, I know it's late and I can't undo what I did.. but I'm sorry for what I did. I didn't mean to be just like that. I mean even I am disgusted by that. And I was just like her!'
'...'
'So I'm sorry.. and I'll try to be better'

The worst part seemed to be that some students seemed to be drooling over their teacher and could not help but be angered by the new kid who had immediately stolen all chances they had. Not only that, but even the girls in class seemed to be distracted by the new/rich kid.. a "title" that would be sure to haunt the boy.

The same boys and girls would continue to completely terrorise Todoroki for as long as he was there. The petty jealousy of their unrequited love for their crushes was no excuse for their horrible behaviour.. but pathetic as it is Shoto (or as they knew him Shoko) did not seem to know any better. The teacher's didn't help either as they were to busy making their own advances on the boy, or were not bothered by it as long as they got their paychecks.

' Why isn't he doing or saying anything?' Was the question that popped up, only to be vocalised by the loud blonde.
'I dont think he can..' was all that could be said. The response coming from his only friend.. this was so not manly. Regret and sadness spreading in the thick air surrounding them. The tension was nothing short of terrible.

Every day he would suffer from anxiety attacks right before he had to step foot in the school. He dreaded every schoolday. But school was still better than his so called 'home' and he had a mission to finish. A home should be a safe place, not just a building you sleep and "live" in. His anxiety wasn't the problem.. the problem were the people who gave it to him. He was so done with the bullying and mental abuse that he just didn't want to be there any longer.

*Flashback*
'Teacher, can I please sit there?' Shoto asked as the pointed to the empty seat on the third row. '..This girl behind me keeps bothering me' he explained.
'No, for fucks sake just sit your ass down and stare like all the other airheads'
"Guess I'm leaving"
'I don't care what happens-'
"I thought as much, I guess it's TRUE then..''
'And never disrupt my lesson again.. incompetent lowlife' the last two words were mumbled, but more than audible to Shoto who had learned to always listen out for soft noises in case his father was home to prevent additional damage.

The teacher didn't care about him after being called out for her actions. She knew what would happen if Endeavor ever found out, but she would just deny any accusations or claims made by the student. It really wasn't her problem, at least that's how she viewed it. I mean how was it her fault that she was out of line? And why would she have to maintain order in her classroom? I simply didn't make sense to her that she would have to put any sorts of effort into doing her actual job.

Shoto doesn't want his father to think he is an attention seeker by pretending his teachers are interested in him or that others would bother [bully] him because 'who would?' Or for the bullying: 'why wouldn't they? He deserves it' And beat him in the process.. he decides it is best to just keep quiet and not anger both his father and his teachers, who will probably rat him out for being 'disobedient or 'problematic with behaviour issues', something that will definitely add fuel to his father's rage.

He did always luck out of trouble though. Every time his chair got pulled and would definitely have caused a disruption, if not a visit to the hospital, he would remain seated.. on an invisible chair. He used his leg muscles to make the missing chair unnoticeable and had to stay that way until the bell rung. Then proceed to find his chair and return it to its supposed spot. Other time he had to avoid traps all together. Dodge, jump, duck to ensure he would get in trouble. Catching things may have been his specialty. He did have the pleasure to gain lots of experience in that department from his lovely household. A knife is thrown in his direction, he'll catch it and kindly return it to its owner. A baseball flying towards him, he'll dodge it swiftly and ensure no one else gets hit with grace.

If the circumstances were different the actions would've been watched in awe and may have been viewed as romantic.

--- (⁎′ꃪ‵)˞ᵋᵌ A/N

Please lmk if you prefer to read canon or fanon Touya as he will make an appearance in this story because I see multiple reasons to do either of them and can't seem to choose.