9.2| The reason

┌───────── ∘°❉°∘ ─────────┐
A/N (pls read)
This chapter takes place (a day) before the Shoto actually enters the school in the previous chapter (chapter 9). And shows the real reason he was allowed to attend class with students of his age. It is written is a sort of flashback format.

Btw I rewrote the previous chapter, I believe I changed quite a lot of it but you should still be able to follow the rest of the story w/o reading the changes
└───────── °∘❉∘° ─────────┘

Shoto receives a package and a letter, curious he opened the letter and read it (the class can't read the letter and he doesn't read it out loud). His expression immediately changes from the usual stoic to terror and anxiousness.

He opens the package slightly, only for it to confirm his suspicions and deepen his growing dread. Scared of his father's reaction he quickly hides the package in his closet and closes the door just in time for his room's door to fly open. Standing in the doorway was none other than the pyrokinetic hero himself.. Endeavor, or as the class had recently discovered, the very definition of flaming trash.

The man was fuming. Also being provided with the same set of information as Todoroki, the man was incapable of holding in his anger. This made him turn to his favourite punching bag, his son..
He most definitely knew exactly what was going on, if not more crucial information that had been withheld from the boy.

All he said was to obey and to come downstairs with him. Enji was kind enough to shorten today's training to only three 4 hour long sessions with breaks in between the sessions to come back alive. At 2 am he concluded the training stating that Shoto would have to be ready and downstairs by six as he needed to get prepared to go to school the following morning.. It would be his first day back to school in over 7 years. Yes he would have to catch up. And yes he needed to still follow the instructions on the piece of paper.. but surely he would be able to finish this and still enjoy some time outside. Just breathing in the fresh outside air would already do him some good, right?

..

The following morning, he was met by a stylist and a make up artist to subtly alter a bit of his appearance, which didn't really work. I mean he got some coloured contacts and his hair was parted slightly more to the right but other than that no real changes. He just had to attract less attention towards himself, which would've worked better if they changed his hair colour rather than lazily part his hair half a centimetre more to the right.
Their enthusiasm on the other hand, deserves an award. Both were overly enthusiastic about the makeover.. a bit too excited for the reason they were there in the first place

He enters the school building and starts to observe his surroundings and the people on his way to class and inside the room itself. As he makes his way down the hall he notices strange behaviour, these things shouldn't happen at schools regardless of what the boy is used to.

-The note-

Though the one thing he really couldn't grasp was the need for this type of disguise..

Why did they, a highly esteemed committee of heroes, decide that this choice of outfit and change would be needed for something as simple as this? And why bother to come for follow ups in person as often as they did when the information was to be sent to them via voice message or through his father?