XX | A Peppermint's Xmas

┌───────── ∘°❉°∘ ─────────┐
Trauma isn't just all the bad things that happened,

 it's also the good things that never happened
└───────── °∘❉∘° ─────────┘

The class and few 1B-members watched the young Todoroki grow under what could only be described as unconventional circumstances. He was now about the same age as when he met most of them.

** Christmas chapter (miracle)
A happy memory turns into a nightmare
OR
A happy Christmas with the Todorokis, but then he wakes up to see it was all just a dream

It surely was the most magical time of the year..

The class and a few 1B-members watched the younger grow under what could only be described as unconventional circumstances. He was now about the same age as when he met most of them.

As the young boy awoke from his slumber he could see the shining glow from the gracefully falling speckles of snow. Just outside the usual gloom from his room, the darker colours contrasted by the brightness from the crystal skies. His eyes following the snow as they danced their way down, his small window showing the dreadfully slow speck fall with the swings of the wind's rustle. His gaze fully focused on the unrushed snowflake. He didn't move. Finally having cooled down, his mind seemed at ease. The freezing cold of the morning breeze calming his heated inner turmoil as his thoughts steadied. The fog had cleared.

Finally, a piece of mind.

The cold always had held a special place in his head, and maybe, just maybe, the cold had indeed reached his heart. Though, rather than freezing it and creating alarming complications, the cold seemed to have warmed his heart instead. It was almost as if the boy could feel his mother's embrace in the refreshing cold. How he wished he could just engulf himself in the warmth of the cold.

How ironic

The crisp breeze may have been just what he needed, a small sparkle returning to his dead eyes. The mesmerizing, mismatched eyes briefly returning to life, before he heard a knock on his door. The distant noises of footsteps unheard, as his focus was solely on the snowflake. The dust of snow now completely out of sight as he approached his door. Upon opening, he found a small package in front of his door. 'Weird', he thought. Shoto had no clue of what was going on. Sure, his sister would leave a packaged box in front of his room on his birthday yet he was certain his birthday wasn't for at least another week or two.

--✶--

The small package would continue to come back to his mind throughout the day, until he finally got to speak to his sister about its purpose. The reason for it still somewhat blurred from his memories.

Today was Christmas.. and he forgot, or rather, he never knew.