Freedom

Under Kai's iron and jade hoof, Leo Lung never thought he would breathe fresh air again. He would never feel the grass under his paws or the wind in his mane. Gone would be the days of him training with his friends until he collapsed in bed that night and had the best sleep of his life. His hope was almost gone.

Then came Po.

Leo Lung heard the courageous roar of the dragon. Hope surged in the lion's veins as he watched from his place on Kai's belt. Po, now the True Dragon Warrior, soared around Kai triumphantly. Po freed other masters surrounding Leo, and victorious cheers filled Leo's mind. Kai roared in anger and pain as each master, now freed, exploded away from him.

The lion felt the searing heat of its scales as the Dragon dived toward him and the other masters trapped next to him. Kai flinched away from the glowing radiance of the dragon, and Leo watched through jaded eyes as the dragon's massive teeth tore through his jade prison. The golden fangs grazed against Leo's chest, and he gasped. He gasped! Air filled Leo Lung's chest as he felt life return to his body!

Leo roared in happiness as he soared away from Kai and towards Po. "Po!" He cheered and stopped in front of the panda, "I knew you could do it!" He bellowed in joy. Leo was still contained in a small pendant, but he shook the jade away to reveal the beautiful, shining golden color underneath. He could now move inside his pendant! He did a joyful spin in midair and rejoined the rest of the pendants circling around Po, proud to stand by Po's side.

One by one, the Furious Five and Tai joined Po and the rest of the Kung Fu warriors. Master Leo had never felt such pride and adrenaline as he took his place on the perimeter of the dragon, which formed a large circle behind Po. One of the dragon's scales nearly brushed Leo's pendant.

{Join me.} The Dragon seemed to rumble.

Without a second of hesitation, Master Leo and every other master gave their chi of their own accord. The Dragon roared as the power surged into its body.

"You want my chi so badly? Take it!"

The dragon plunged into Kai's chest. It was only a matter of seconds before the absolute power of Po and every one of his friends and family tore Kai's very existence into nothing. Ever fiber of his being burned in the beautiful golden light of the Dragon's power.

The Jade Tyrant had fallen.

. . .

. . .

. . .

To say Leo Lung leaped gracefully back into the mortal realm would be a lie. He tumbled out and fell into a heap on the grass. "Bleh." He spat the grass out of his mouth unceremoniously. The lion pushed himself onto his hands and knees until Crane, Mantis, Monkey, Viper, and Master Shifu all collapsed on top of him.

"You guys! You're safe!" He gasped, turning over and hugging all of his friends.

"Master Leo!" They exclaimed, returning his embrace.

One by one, all of the masters taken by Kai also returned. Just as the Four and Shifu moved off of Leo, Tai Lung flopped back into reality, crashing clumsily on his brother.

"Ooof, Tai!" Leo gasped. Instead of hugging his brother, he poked him harshly in the side to get the giant snow leopard to roll off of him.

Tai took a breath and looked around, "We're alive! Po saved us!" He shouted in joy. They were met by the curious and surprised gazes of the panda villagers surrounding them.

"But where is Po?" Li asked, his eyes wide with worry.

"Have you seen Po?" Tigress approached the Jade Palace warriors.