Like Father, Like Son

I am SO SORRY for not updating for almost an entire month! Please forgive me :( School is my full-time job now, so I can only write when I get free time. I tried to make this chapter as good as possible.

.

...

Milu

...

Milu watched quietly as Tigress, Huo, and Tai Lung retreated into the mountains. With a quiet sigh, he turned to watch as Jian was called back into his pendant by Kai. Leo lay on his stomach before Kai. His breathing was ragged and his tail twitched occasionally. But, if Milu looked hard enough, he could still see the fight left in the lion. If it were up to Leo, he would fight until the moment he died. Milu had to do something.

Taking one last glance back to the mountains- to make sure Tigress and Tai were gone- Milu stood and tread carefully into the garden. Kai extended his hooves, ready to steal Leo Lung's chi, when Milu called out, "Stop!" He bellowed, his arm extending almost in a defensive manner.

To the wapiti's surprise, Kai did stop. He looked over in Milu's direction, almost annoyed with the fact that his ritual of taking chi had been interrupted. Kai's bright green eyes scanned Milu up and down. The bull straightened and stared at Milu curiously, "You are not a warrior," He hummed thoughtfully, "but your chi is still strong." Kai said, intrigued by Milu's sudden appearance.

Milu approached Leo and Kai slowly, to not spook Kai into attacking. Milu, despite living at the Jade Palace for four years, was no expert in Kung Fu. He hardly knew anything about it. If Kai attacked, Milu would stand no chance.

"I am a healer." He said clearly. "Let me heal Master Leo."

In a fraction of a second, Kai had one of his jade swords out and pointed at Milu's throat, "If you so much as raise a finger at him-"

"You wouldn't want an injured soldier, would you?" Milu asked quickly, hoping to appeal to Kai's history as a general. Milu did not know all that much about the other bull, but one thing Milu did know is that a leader of an army always looked out for their men.

Kai didn't say anything, but Milu noticed that his ears had subtly perked forward- Kai was listening. "If you take Leo as he is now," Milu glanced down at him, "he would hardly be of any use. He wouldn't be able to run or fight, not in the state he is in now. Let me heal him, then do as you wish." He spoke quickly. The jade sword grazed roughly against his throat, shaving off several hairs in the process.

At his feet, Leo turned and looked up at Milu. The lion didn't say anything, but the confusion was evident on his face. What was Milu doing? Surely he wasn't going to heal Leo just to hand him over to Kai's waiting hooves, right? Kai looked down at Leo, then back to Milu. Kai removed his blade from Milu's throat, "Fine. Alright. Heal him, but don't try anything funny." He said with an ominous growl.

Milu, with none of his medical equipment in hand, knelt beside Leo. "What are you doing?" Leo growled hoarsely, his mane tattered.

"Buying time, and hoping this works," Milu whispered, his voice barely even audible.

Kai called Jian back to his side, and now the lion was glowering at Milu, keeping watch as Kai began to march towards the destroyed section of the Main building. Out of the corner of his eye, Milu watched as Kai began to look at and admire the destruction he had created, almost as if he were proud of it.

"It's been nearly a decade since I've done this. Let's hope it works." Milu prayed. He laid one hoof over Leo's broken shoulder and began to hum quietly. The doctor's eyes fluttered shut as he began to concentrate.