Thank You - Shadow x Human!Reader

Ayo first oneshot here, this took me a while to finish because I changed the plot like 1000 times. 💀

I'll say it here again: English is not my first language, sorry for any grammar mistakes or typos! ;v;

[Chapter is unedited]

____________________________________

The sound of heels hitting metallic flooring echoed in the dimly lit room, seemingly making the noises louder as they actually are. A cool breeze ran past you, making your hair sway ever so slightly.

(e/c) orbs glanced around, trying to muster every corner of the room to eventually bring the random puzzle pieces of what you saw in that semi-dark room together.

It was an office - a decent sized one. It had just enough space to fit at least 5 other workers inside.

"You will work here. Don't cause any trouble, human."

Due to Rouge's current absence, the headmaster of G.U.N. decided to replace her with another top-tier agent; this being you. She took some weeks off to recover and rest, hence you have to work with Shadow for the meantime.
You didn't hesitate at the headmaster's request and were quite pleased to finally work with another top-tier agent instead, but the black hedgehog surely wasn't keen on working with you - a human being.

So here you were, following Shadow to his office to prepare everything that still needs some more time invested, such as essays, reports and gun equipment.

The hedgehog pointed at an empty seat opposite to his', which would mean you will have hundreds of hours of work to do right in front of his judgemental, piercing red eyes.

"Got it, thank you."

Shadow just gave a simple "hmph" as a response, then continued to mind his own business.

You couldn't lie, being put in his team was one of your personal goals as a G.U.N. agent, as his team always gets plenty of S-Class missions that require more than just plain strategy and decent battle skills.
Though his narrow point of view concerning humans made working with him a little awkward, to say at least.

Of course, you didn't exactly know the reason behind his mindset, but accepted the fact that he will treat you just like one.

You were human, after all.

However, the task at hand was to plan as many strategies as you could possibly come up with, having more than two in a battle combat was just as significant as sufficient magazines and first-aid items.

The strategies you eventually came up with were written down and described on point, as they seemed do function even with the slightest differ in improvised handling. They might even beat his own and Omega's strategy plans.

Thus, the hedgehog was secretly impressed at how well your strategies were planned altogether. Not only that, you also were quite obedient to him.
Even in the toughest battle you would follow his orders and do as you were told till the very end.

That deep interlaced seriousness within your personality appeared to gain his trust slowly but steady, it surely surprised him at how well you even handled all the extra work he gave you on purpose to aggravate you.

His intentions were very clear to you, in fact, you found it amusing that Shadow is willing to make your stay tough and difficult, though you sincerely wanted to assure him that not every single human being is bad.

And the fact that you're not the slightest annoyed or irritated by his behavior provoked the black and red hedgehog.

Shadow approached your sitting form with a heavy stack of papers, slamming and throwing it down onto your desk. You stopped writing on your laptop and shifted your attention to the hedgehog that was standing next to you, waiting for another extra task.