Mine - Jealous!Shadow x Shy!Reader

Something for my fellow shy humans ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The ending is a little bit,,, spicy,,, I hope you don't mind ;v;
(dw, no nsfw).

Jksjsksj I was blushing the whole time as I wrote the ending part 😭 Sorry if Shadow is OOC 😳

Art by Myly14

[Unedited]

_________________

'I hope I won't be late...'

A small, wooden basket filled with some grapes and two picnic blankets was placed on the kitchen table, the tiny gap in between the blankets was then filled with a small water bottle and some tissues. Just in case something gets dirty.

You prepared everything for the night and went to the door, ready to spend another hour or two with a new friend.

Just as you were about to open the front door, you heard someone knock on it.

"(Y/N)? Are you home?"

The door opened and revealed a black and red hedgehog with a paper bag in his hand. His ruby eyes were directed towards yours, though you shyly avoided his stare and glued your gaze to the ground.

"O-oh, hello..."

Shadow gave you a small nod and noticed the basket in your hand. Confused, he stared at the wooden object as he tilted his head to the side.

"Are you going somewhere?"

Not that it's any of his business. He just felt... responsible for you and it wasn't hard for you to make him worry, especially since he did know that you are very shy and therefore not a very social type.

Normally you would be sitting comfortably on your couch and reading at this time. Shadow often would join you, as he loved reading and spending time with someone quiet - such as you - to relax and calm down.

However, today seemed to be different. And that surprised him.

Extremely.

You gave him a small smile and nodded, shyly twiddling with your thumbs as you spoke.

"Y-yeah, I... actually made... a new friend..."

Shadow was quiet for a while after that, as if he had to analyze the seven words step by step again in his head in order to understand them.

You made a new friend? Who was it? Does he know them? Are they male? Will they take you away from him?

To be totally honest, it scared him slightly.

Still, he was happy for you that, after all this time, you found a friend on your own who hopefully appreciated your good deeds and character traits. Just like him.

But not too much either.

He put a hand on your head, ruffling through your hair as he was deep in thoughts.

"Call me if you're about to head home. I'll come pick you up."

He let go of your head and turned around to his motorcycle, ready to leave. His ruby eyes wandered one more time to your form before he drove away.

"But, don't expect me to spare your friend if they... try something."

And with that, he drove off, leaving you puzzled by what he meant.

You shook your head, trying not to question it and made your way to the small hill where you had agreed to meet.

Luckily it wasn't that far from your home. 12 minute walk through a small, surprisingly lighted forest path. The sunbeams of the setting sun shone through the leaves of the trees, leaving you breathless and in awe.