Misunderstood - Shadow x Reader

Yaaay, another update (finally jsksjsk).

Sorry for grammar errors and typos, I haven't edited this yet! 🥺

I really tried to improve my writing here, I hope all the hard work paid off. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

[Unedited]

________________________________

A warm summer breeze hit your face, the humidity giving you a hard time to catch a breath of cool, fresh air, as it was almost suffocating your lungs at every single inhale you took.

The basket in your hand was not heavily packed, yet it seemed to get heavier due to the draining summer heat; the sun was probably laughing at your current state.

'Why exactly did I place my vegetable patch that far again?'

It actually was not that far away from your home, though the small walk through the forest felt like an eternity.

Finally after 7 more minutes of walking, the sight of your small cabin made you sigh in relief.

The sun's rays formed a path to your small, home-made hut where your gardening tools were stored. A few flowers started blooming, chubby bees buzzed around, creating a wonderfully calming atmosphere. The extreme summer heat was long forgotten, but your attention was drawn to the spot next to your patch; a rather small, square flower bed with three small wooden signs could be found there.

'That's weird,' you thought, 'I don't remember putting this up...'

So you squatted down to get a better look at the little wooden plaques.

"Bee balm, white indigo, purple coneflower..."

Small sprouts were already visible on the small bed, which indicates that this bed has been there for a while.

Just as you were about to pick up your watering can to water the sprouts, you heard soft footsteps behind you.

"Wait, don't water them."

'This voice...'

You turned around and were now face-to-face with the one and only Shadow the Hedgehog, the Ultimate Lifeform.

To be honest, you were a little surprised that he was talking to someone like you, even though you haven't communicated much with each other at that moment. You looked at him perplexed, as if you had just seen a ghost and didn't know if you are dreaming or in reality.

The dark hedgehog let out a sigh of relief and knelt beside you.

"If you water them now, they will burn very quickly. In the blazing sun, water drops act like magnifying glasses..." he stated, gently caressing a sprout with his gloved hands.

Your (e/c) eyes wandered from his face down to his hands. You were amazed that he cared for plants. You would have given him credit for a lot, but... caring for plants, flowers in particular, and raising them?

You knew he was considered a dangerous villain by the other villagers. Sonic and your other friends had fought him many times, but... you couldn't shake the feeling off that he's actually just an ordinary hedgehog. Just like you, Sonic and the others, Shadow has his individual tastes and preferences in life.

Nevertheless you smiled and gave him a nod, "I see, thank you for sharing this information with me."

Shadow stood up and watched a bee buzzing around the little sprouts. A small smile plastered on his muzzle as he turned his attention to you,