Hints and Hearts - Sonic x Reader

Another tumblr rq!

Somebody requested a oneshot where Sonic is dying to be with the reader, while the reader is totally oblivious to his feelings/hints.

Sorry if it's a little short!

--------------

Since Sonic initially saved you from a group of robots when you first met him, you and Sonic have been close friends for a very long time. Little did you realize that Sonic has been crushing on you for a while; you've always thought of him as just a friend.

But he didn't want to come forward with his feelings. You were a nice person, yet you made it seem like you weren't interested in any kind of relationship. He couldn't risk losing you over something silly like that, so he kept his feelings hidden.

However, every time Sonic sees you, he can't help but be drawn to you. He adores the way your hair perfectly frames your face, your laughter at his jokes, and the way your eyes shine when you speak about a subject you are enthusiastic about. He can't bring himself to tell you how he feels even though all he wants is to be with you. Despite his efforts to hide his feelings, Sonic's friends can't help but notice the way he looks at you. 

Tails, Knuckles, and Amy have all tried to subtly hint at Sonic's feelings to you, but you're completely oblivious to it. When they do try to make an attempt at telling you about his feelings however, you're incredibly oblivious to what they're trying to imply. After trying for days to get you to understand his feelings, they give up and continue to observe your interactions with Sonic.

One day, Sonic decided that he couldn't keep his feelings a secret any longer. He wanted to tell you how he felt, but he didn't know how to do it without scaring you off or ruining your friendship. So, he decided to try to drop some subtle hints and see if you caught on. 

The first hint came when you and Sonic were racing through Green Hill Zone. Sonic kept glancing over at you and grinning, hoping you would notice how much fun he was having with you. He even slowed down a bit to let you catch up, hoping you would bump into him and he could steal a quick hug. 

 The second hint came when Sonic invited you over to his house to watch a movie. He picked out your favorite movie, since you told him once it was one of your favorite movies ever. But every time the movie got to a romantic scene, Sonic would get awkward and fidgety, hoping you would realize that he was trying to hint at his feelings for you.

The third and final hint came when Sonic took you to the top of a hill overlooking the city. He sat down next to you and gazed out at the beautiful sunset, hoping to set a romantic mood. He started talking about how much he loved spending time with you and how much you meant to him. But when he tried to say "I love you," he got tongue-tied and ended up saying "I love chili dogs" instead.

You laughed at Sonic's slip-up, thinking he was just being silly. But as you looked into his eyes, you saw a look of longing and sadness that you couldn't explain. You suddenly realized that Sonic had been trying to tell you something all along, and that he might have feelings for you that went beyond friendship.

You turned to Sonic and took his hand, looking deep into his eyes. "Sonic," you said softly, "Is there something you want to tell me?" Your voice seemed calm and collected, but inside you were screaming with excitement. 

You held tightly onto Sonic's hand, waiting for his answer. The silence between the two of you stretched out forever. Sonic took a deep breath and looked down at his feet. "Yeah," he said. "I...I don't know how to say this, but...I've had feelings for you for a long time now. I don't know if you feel the same way, but I just had to tell you how I feel."

As Sonic talked, your heart began to race. Although you had never previously thought of Sonic in a romantic light, you were forced to admit that you had been feeling something as well once he expressed his sentiments. Suddenly, everything made sense. 

Every moment spent together felt right. Every conversation you ever had with Sonic felt like the most important ones in your life. Every time Sonic held your hand felt like a dream you couldn't wake up from. All these thoughts raced through your head faster than you'd ever imagined possible.

You grinned as you turned to face Sonic. "Sonic," you said, "I had no idea that you felt that way. But...I think I might feel the same way. I've always enjoyed our time together, and I can't see my life without you." 

You gave Sonic another gentle smile. Sonic returned your smile while allowing the relief to fill him. He pulled you into a close embrace and enjoyed feeling your body heat against his. In response to his kind gesture, you encircled his torso with your arms.

He took hold of your hand and gave you a sensitive, loving kiss on the lips that was both gentle and tender. Sonic hugged you as he slowly let go of you, relishing the sensation of having your arms around him.

You exhaled and laid your head on his shoulder, pleased to be with him.