A Love Unspoken - Sonic x Reader

Rain poured relentlessly from the darkened sky as Sonic stood in front of the tombstone, its surface glistening with a layer of fresh droplets. The earth around the grave was soft and damp, a reflection of the heavy sorrow that weighed on the blue hedgehog's heart. He couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness that consumed him, knowing that the one person who meant so much to him was no longer there.

"You were always there to protect me, and now… I couldn't protect you," Sonic's voice wavered as he spoke to the cold stone before him. He felt the anguish in his chest, tears mixing with the rain as he let his emotions pour out.

The (a/t), whose name was etched on the tombstone, had been a cherished friend, ally, and secret love. Sonic had never fully realized the depth of his feelings for them until it was too late. They had always stood by his side, matching his speed with unwavering loyalty and an unspoken affection that neither of them dared to admit.

As the raindrops continued to fall, Sonic's mind drifted back to that fateful day—the day they were caught in a fierce battle against an unimaginable foe. Sonic had underestimated the danger they were facing, and when the attack came, the reader stepped in front of him, shielding him from the deadly blow.

"No, please… don't go," Sonic's voice cracked as he choked back a sob. His heart ached with regret, the weight of his love for them heavy on his soul. How could he not have seen how much they meant to him?

In the face of their sacrifice, Sonic's heart had been torn open, revealing emotions he had buried deep inside himself. The pain was almost too much to bear, and he found himself wishing he had been the one to protect them, to lay down his life for theirs.

"I didn't know, I didn't realize…" he whispered, his words carried away by the wind. "I loved you, and I never told you."

Guilt and regret gnawed at him as he recalled all the moments they had spent together, the laughter, the battles, and the unspoken emotions that lingered between them. He wished he could turn back time, to tell them how he felt, to embrace them and protect them with every ounce of his being.

As the rain continued to fall, Sonic knelt before the grave, placing a small bouquet of flowers beside the tombstone. "I promise, from now on, I'll cherish those I love. I won't take them for granted. I'll live every day to the fullest, in your memory."

He stayed there for what felt like an eternity, his heart heavy with sorrow and a newfound appreciation for the love he had lost. The rain began to subside, but Sonic remained, feeling a sense of connection to them that transcended time and space.

In the days that followed, Sonic kept his promise, honoring their memory by cherishing every moment and being open with his feelings. He held onto the memories of their unspoken love, knowing that they would forever remain in his heart.

Though they were no longer physically with him, Sonic found comfort in knowing that they would always be a part of him. The pain of loss never truly faded, but it transformed into a reminder to treasure those he loved and to never let another chance at love pass him by.

And so, under the now bright blue sky, Sonic vowed to carry their memory with him, running forward, cherishing the past, and embracing the future with a heart full of love and gratitude. Their unspoken love had shaped him in ways he could have never imagined, and he would honor them by living a life that would make them proud.