t h i r t y t h r e e ;

Louise packed her belongings as quickly as she could, not that she had much to pack in the first place. Her wardrobe was mostly a few pairs of jeans, a couple of sweatshirts, and some comfy band shirts. Her other clothes were comprised of school uniforms, physical education uniforms, and soccer uniforms. She wouldn't be needing those back home. She packed two changed of clothes, knowing she had more than enough to choose from in her bedroom back home. Plus, Annie and Aimee were always showering her with presents in the form of clothes, shoes, accessories. Louise tried to steer clear of those things though. As much as she appreciated the twins and no matter how much they meant well, the clothes they picked out for her was just not her style. 

It was more preppy and cute. Tennis skirts, knee high socks, and crew neck sweaters. Above all pink. Lots of pink. And that was Louise's least favorite color. Yes, she had her bunny ears. But that was the only pink item she could bear to be around. Her favorite color was green. Like a bright, toxic dump green.

She left with Annie and Aimee with their driver to the airport, where he left them for a moment to see about the arrangements for them to get on the family's private jet. He returned about fifteen minutes later, and instructed that they would have to walk across the airport to a private section where there were private air crafts. Annie and Aimee nodded as though it were nothing new to them. Louise was a little surprised, as when she was sent to the east coast for school, she took a regular flight. Nothing fancy like the twins were used to.

The driver led the girls through the busy airport where they ran into none other than Logan Bush. Louise was trying to keep up while the twins weaved expertly through the crowds, having done this before a thousand times. At one point, she was having to pick up the pace as she almost sprinted past people. She came to a halt when she felt herself collide with someone, her small suitcase that was dragging on its wheels behind her dropped with a thud. She quickly reached for it once more, her eyes trained on Annie and Aimee so as not to lose them. They hadn't even yet noticed that she had fallen behind. As her hand grabbed the handle on her luggage, another reached for it at the same time and their hands grazed each other.

Louise looked up to meet the eyes of her chemistry professor. Instantly, she gave something of a look of annoyance. "It had to be you, huh Logan?"

He rolled his eyes, immediately matching her tone and her energy. "Nice to see you too, Louise."

"What are you doing here?" She wondered, as though it weren't already obvious. It was the afternoon before Thanksgiving holiday. People were trying to travel to other parts of the country to celebrate with their families. It was precisely what she was doing, and it was also exactly what he was doing. 

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He challenged. The words just fell out of his mouth without him being able to stop them. It was just the behavior she brought out of him. What he actually wanted to do was ask her if she was okay. He had seen her looking upset ever since the incident with Dieter had happened at the diner. But right now she was acting like her old self, and maybe that was what she wanted. To go back to how things used to be. 

She huffed, trying to see over the crowd. She could still find Annie and Aimee in her line of sight. But they were getting further from her. Grabbing her luggage once more, she pushed past him. "I don't have time for this right now, Logan. Happy Thanksgiving." She said the latter in a half hearted mutter as she tried to make it towards the twins. 

Logan was going to let it go and go on his way. But there was a part of him that wasn't going to let him rest easy at night if he knew he had encountered her walking  through the airport by herself and he didn't make sure she had gotten to her terminal okay. She was by herself, and was young. Anyone could try to take advantage of her. Then there was the fact that she was Louise Belcher. That alone should have been enough to convince him from the very beginning. Louise was always getting into trouble. As he debated with himself, he almost lost her in the crowd. But he had an advantage over her. He was tall, almost a whole foot taller than her, and he spotted her easily.