t w o ;

t w o ;

Her first class had taken up a total of two hours on the first day; two hours that would have been more boring for Louise Belcher had she not gotten the surprise that Logan Bush was the new scientific concepts teacher. She had been genuinely surprised that he seemed to know what he was talking about. She remembered him as a seventeen year old boy who would find the joy in farting into his hand and blowing the terrible smell into her face. But, as she realized, the unteachable were finally taught. Logan had been educated and chose to go into a field of the sciences, just like his father had done.

Then she had twenty minutes of nutrition break to kill, which she spent with Annie and Aimee in the senior pavilions outside. It was a privilege for the senior students that was given to them by the school. They got to have nutrition and lunch meals on the outside benches, while everyone else had to eat in the lunch room inside the school. 

The three girls had taken an entire table for themselves, as was usual for them. Louise sat with her tray of food in front of her, Annie and Aimee both sat across from her, going on about how they had gone to see their older brother play for the United States under-twenty football national team in New Zealand over the summer. Apparently, the boys had gotten pretty far into the competition until they were eliminated by the team who ultimately won the world cup. While the twins had spent a summer in a foreign country, Louise had merely spent it bored at home. Gene and Tina were no longer around to wreak havoc with her, and even if they were around, she knew they were too mature and responsible to participate in any mischief with her. It was like they ha grown up so much faster than her, even though they were only a couple of years older. Gene still had his sense of humor, and that portable piano of his, but he was more responsible and reserved. His loudness had been toned down over the years.

"We should totally hook up Louise and Paul." Aimee suggested with excitement as she took a bite of her blueberry bagel covered in cream cheese. Paul was the name of Aimee and Annie's older football playing brother. Of the two twins, Aimee was the one who called the shots, while Annie always did what her sister wanted. That was the difference between them ans Andy and Ollie. The Pesto twins did everything equally. Neither of them was in charge when it came to them. "Then when the new teacher and I start dating, we can double date. We'll have to find someone for Annie too-"

Louise, who was drinking from her carton of chocolate milk, almost choked on it and spit it out. It sprayed all over her two friends who only laughed in amusement. "You can't date the new teacher." She told her friend, outraged.

"Why not?" Aimee asked innocently. She didn't see why Louise would object. She wasn't aware that Logan and Louise knew each other.

"Because." Was all Louise replied like it was a perfectly good explanation. She knew Logan, and she couldn't imagine someone she knew from home dating someone she knew from her new school. Those things just didn't go well together in her eyes. On the other hand, most of the girls at St. Mary's were rich and snobby, and that was how she knew Logan to be from when they were younger. Still, she couldn't picture Aimee and Logan together. 

"Because why?" Aimee just wouldn't let it go.

"I think Aimee should get to date whoever she wants." Annie defended.

Louise let out a painful groan. "Do you realize that if you date the new teacher, he could get fired? We're seventeen years old. He's twenty five."

"I'm going to be eighteen in three months." Aimee said, wiggling her index finger at Louise. That was one of Aimee Arriola's habits. Whenever she talked about something that was proof, she would wiggle her finger in a back and forth motion almost like it was nodding yes. It almost reminded Louise of when her dad talked to random objects and then made them talk back to him. But Aimee didn't do that. Her finger merely nodded, but didn't talk. The twin with brunette and blonde ombre in her hair added with a satisfied smile,  "I can wait that long."