t h i r t y ;

t h i r t y ;

The group went to get dinner at Granny's and it was nearly eleven o'clock at night. Yamilla and Jai had been the first to order their food, then Moira and Clarisse, until the last ones were Louise and Dieter. He had paid for her food, which she was thankful for, and she excused herself to use the restroom to wash her hands after a long night hiking up in the mountains. On the way down, she had gotten thrown into a thorn bush by Yamilla, but she had no way to prove it. She just knew, she could feel it, that Dieter's friend didn't like her. Neither did her older sister Moira. Yamilla clearly wanted both boys to herself--her boyfriend Jai and her friend Dieter--and her sister was supportive of that behavior. 

Louise would have to spend a couple of hours when she got back to Logan's pulling thorns out of her arms and legs. It hurt to walk and even to sit down. But again she held back because she didn't want to start a fight. This was a group of friends who knew Yamilla and were likely to take her side. The only one who might defend her was Dieter. Louise would have to be sneaky if she wanted to get back at her.

As she left the restroom and walked out into the dining area where the others were seated, she could feel her heart drop. They were all sat at the big round table in the back. Dieter was trapped towards the middle, in between Moira and Yamilla. And one crucial detail Louise realized all too quickly was that there was no space for her to sit. It was just enough for them to sit without her. Instead of taking two long tables and pushing them together, they preferred to exclude her. Louise felt a prick in her chest because no matter how hard she was trying to fit in and to get Dieter's friends to like her, it seemed they were always taking Yamilla's side.

The girl with dark blonde hair grinned a victorious grin. "Looks like there's not enough room for everyone."

Louise laughed, trying to make it seem like it didn't bother her. "I don't give a fuck. I'll just sit over here by myself." It wasn't so much what Yamilla did to her, but rather the fact that Dieter seemed to be going along with it. She locked eyes with him for a moment to see that he looked like he felt bad and he tried to get out of the booth, but he was held there by the evil sisters. 

She went to find another two person table nearby and plopped herself down as she could hear Dieter calling after her. "Louise wait!"

That was when she realized he had paid for the food and they were going to take her food to their table. But Louise Belcher was so prideful that she got up and went to go order her own food. If they were going to play mean jokes like that on people then she wanted nothing to do with them. Maybe Dieter hadn't been a part of it, or maybe he was tricked into participating. But if she showed them that it bothered her, then Yamilla would win. Louise Belcher would be damned if she was going to let a bully win.

Instead she ordered her food and got her phone out of her pocket. She unlocked it and the first person she thought to text was Logan.

louise: can you come pick me up at granny's diner pls?
read.

The reply to her message came almost instantly.

logan: i thought your friends were brining you back?

louise: i don't want to explain rn but i need you to 

come get me pls. i just dont want to be here.

Given how vague she was in her text, she was surprised by just how quickly Logan arrived at the diner. He was dressed in a grey t-shirt and black sweat pants like he had either been in his bed or was getting ready to get in his bed for the night. His blonde hair was messy and in a disarray because he left his house in a hurry, thinking that she needed help.