t w e n t y e i g h t ;

On the way back to Logan's house, he tried to casually make conversation with her. But she caught on immediately that he had been only trying to find out what Dieter was talking to her about in the parking lot. Louise rolled her eyes at him in mock annoyance, but she told him anyway. It seemed that for the moment they were getting along and maybe he could be someone, other than the twins, that she could talk about these things with. 

"He said they were going to the movies and asked if we wanted to come." She said. Of course, the invitation had been only for her, since they were a group of teenagers and having Logan come along was every bit like them having a chaperon. 

He kept his eyes on the road and tried to mask his annoyance. "If you want to go with them I can drop you off and you can just let me know when the movie ends. Its really not a problem." Literally everything Dieter Park did or said made Logan feel annoyed. There was just something about him that made Logan feel that way. He was too nice, and too perfect. He was nothing like the type of boys he thought Louise would be into. Someone like her, he thought she'd be into someone a little more reckless and rebellious. Kinda like how he used to be when he was a teen. This guy was the complete opposite of what he thought she'd like. 

As though suddenly feeling shy like at the diner, Louise bit down on her lip as she thought about what she was going to say next. She didn't want it to be weird or awkward. And she was trying to figure out just how to say it so that he wouldn't see it that way either. "Well since you were so nice about sitting with Dieter and his friends at the diner, I thought I would do something nice in return for you. Maybe we can stay home and watch some movies together."

He perked up at the sounds of her words first, but then there was a look of suspicion on his face. This was also out of character for Louise. He glanced at her for a half a second before he returned his gaze onto the empty road. "I feel like there's some kind of catch to this." He told her, unsure of how to react or what to say. He kind of expected her to laugh in his face and tell him she'd never hang out with him. But then another part of him told him that she sounded rather genuine. He wanted to believe her and there was also a very slim part of him, maybe less than one percent, that was kind of excited to hang out with her. He couldn't quite put his finger on that strange little sliver of an emotion. 

"There's no catch." She assured him, before correcting himself just a millisecond later. "Well...there is one catch."

There it is, he thought to himself.

When he said nothing, she continued. "We have to watch Thieves. Its my favorite movie of all time." She said with an excited grin playing on her lips. She then went onto describe what the movie was about, and he had to admit it did not sound half bad. Based on what she was telling him, he felt like he had seen the movie before.

It was an action adventure where two small time thieves made this big plan to rob one of the biggest thieves in the city. Their plan was to recruit a group of civilians and they would train them to orchestrate the entire thing, having them all pose as employees of the guy's mansion--the maid, the busboys at a party he was having, etc. Logan wasn't surprised that this was the kind of film she liked watching. Louise was never into girly things, and this movie sounded like it was anything but girly. 

When they got to his house, he went to the kitchen and searched his cabinets for all the available snacks he could find. He was a bit surprised that he found any, since Valentina had been at his house the week prior. She was on a strict diet with no sweets, and no junk food. But whenever she went to see him, she's rid his cabinets for anything to eat because she knew he had snacks. Logan was able to find some buttered popcorn, a half eaten family sized bag of peanut m&m's, and a couple of sodas to drink them with.