Five

Rohit came in the room and saw Virat sleeping. He knew this was his way to shut everything out. He had seen in this past 6 months how much he was sleeping.

He sat beside Virat thinking what all had happened in this 6 months to change Virat so much and him too.

Flashback-

P.S.- Series and timings are fictional. So don't take it too seriously.

It all started when Virat was given almost one month break. Rumours were that he had asked it and partly it was true for one series.

He was still in London with his family. Team who was supposed to leave for WI in two days where also at that same hotel.

Virat was trying keep himself sane through all the trolls that were targeted on him regarding his form.

Anushka had noticed a visible change in him and tried to talk to him to which Virat just brushed off that he was okay.

What affected Virat the most was that Rohit, his Ro was also being targeted just because he was defending Virat.

Ro- Vi, chal na yaar! I am leaving tomorrow, dinner karna hai sath mai. Then we are gonna meet after one month.
He entered his room and said all that.

Anushka was at a brand shoot and was gonna get late. Vamika was with Sammy and Ritika.

Ro- Vi tu kya kar raha hai, itna time lagta hai kya ready hone mai?
(Vi, what are you doing? How much time will require to get ready?)
He asked as Virat was in bathroom since he entered his room.

Virat came out and wiped his face.

Ro- Kya hua tujhe, your face has become pale white. Are u okay?
He asked in concern as he came out.

Vi- I am okay, don't worry!
He said back getting his jacket on.

Ro- U are lying na?
He asked in doubt.

Vi- No, I am not! Chal ab late ho rahe the na?
He said.

As usual Rohit believed him for the nth time even though he was lying. He knew their relation was not changed a bit but he didn't know why he felt suddenly so detached with everything.

Ro- What are you thinking? You have been silent throughout the ride and now too.
He asked curiously.

Vi- Nothing, aise hi! Tu bata.. Rits and Sammy coming with you to the tour?
He asked diverting the conversation.

Ro- No Yaar, Ritzy ko kuch kaam hai! I am so gonna get bored u know, you are also not there and they will be also at home.
He whined to which Virat chuckled.

Ro- And listen, I am not here that doesn't mean u think about all these stupid trolls. And I know that's what was bothering you for a while.
He said softly making him understand.

Vi- I just don't understand why they have to blame you or my family. Whenever I see that I have this unsettling feeling. And nowadays this paranoid feeling doesn't seem to go away.
He said.

Ro- Don't worry Vi, kuch nahi hoga.

Flashback end.

Rohit was so wrong when he had said to Virat that nothing will happen.

Ro- Virat, wake up! We have match in the evening.
He said calling him.

Virat woke up rubbing his eyes and saw Rohit's concern face looking at him.

Ro- You okay right?
He asked to which Virat nodded.

They arrived at the match venue in the evening. Jassi was looking at Virat with longing eyes wanting to talk to him. But he hesitated seeing the cold look on his face and in his eyes.