Eleven

'Virat, Vi! Please don't leave me! I am sorry.. please I made a mistake, don't do this to me! Don't leave me alone Vi!'

The voice broke Virat's sleep. He rubbed his eyes, lit the lamp of the side table. He heard it again.

'Please Vi.. please, I am sorry..dont punish me!'

Virat looked at his side, Rohit was murmuring that in his sleep. He was completely covered in sweat though the room was Air conditioned. He was surprised to see Rohit having a nightmare and that too was related to him.

Vi- Rohit, Get up, see I am here! Ro, Rohit..wake up!
He shook him by his shoulders.

Hearing that Rohit woke up gasping for air. He saw Virat beside him looking at him with concerned eyes.

Ro- I.. I don't know.. how..
he was panicking.

Virat didn't have any option but to hug him. He was not calming down. Rohit held onto him like a lifeline.

Ro- don't go leaving me please! I am sorry! I am so sorry! I..
He burst into cries.

Virat rubbed his back and gave him glass of water to calm down.

Vi- calm down, pls calm down!
He said softly and Rohit calmed down after sometime.

Rohit rested his head on the headboard.
Ro- sorry, I ruined your sleep.
He said in low voice.

Vi- it's okay! Wanna share what was ur nightmare about?

Virat saw Rohit was hesitant to share that. But Virat kept his hand on his which encouraged him to share.

Ro- Umm.. u leaving me! I hurt you, you left saying that u hate me and then never came back!

A few tears formed again in Rohit's eyes.

Vi- look Ro! I was sure upset about everything and seeing Nushkie in that condition just made it worse.
I can never hate you! You have been the constant in my life.
If you would not be there with me to handle me no matter how much I pushed you, I don't know what would have happened to me!
I love you a lot! I can never hate you and I am not going anywhere.

Ro- promise?
He asked like a child.

Virat side hugged him.
Vi- pakka wala!

Ro- u still upset about the thing that I lied to you?
He asked in low voice.

Vi- a little! I will get over it.

Ro- no don't get over it, it's okay I know I deserve it. It's just I got scared seeing u like that panicking and I didn't know how to tell you about Nush.

Vi- let's not talk about it.

Rohit just kept his head on his shoulder and was dozing off again as the nightmare had exhausted him.

Vi- Ro?

Ro- hmm?

Vi- do u think Nushkie doesn't love me anymore?
He asked in a low voice.

Ro- No Vi Aisa nahi hai!

Vi- then why she is not getting up Ro? Doesn't she know that I am miserable without her? Why she is punishing me like this?
He said with moist eyes.

Ro- I am sure she is trying her best Vi!
He said not knowing what to say more on that.

In Aman's room,

It was almost midnight they had their dinner just an hour ago. They were still searching for some clues to catch the culprit.

It was 10 mins, Aman was feeling weird. He tried to concentrate but his vision was getting blurry.