Chapter 9: Theme Park

I rub my eyes away and check the time. 7:01am. Shoot, I've got to get ready. While walking to the bathroom I quickly scroll through my notifications.

Emma & 53 others liked your photo. Just Instagram, no one is messaging.

It's been almost two weeks since we showed Lewis the moonpool and we've certainly made progress with our powers. We haven't figured out the connection between the moonpool and us transforming but I'm not too bothered. You simply can't explain magic.

We learnt that our powers can become stronger with strong emotions, and we've even started playing around with combining our powers. Rikki and Emma try to use the same amount of force to keep the water from going either frozen or boiling, just simply how it is. It's definitely a work in progress but is so fun! Cleo and I make all sorts of jelly figurines. We haven't figured out everything we can all do together but again, it's a work in progress! 

I have an agreement with Dad that I'd focus on the outside of the house instead of doing things inside such as the dishes and can I just say I've become quite the handyman. I'm currently building a shed in our backyard and next I want to make an outdoor seating area with a fireplace. It's going to look pretty nifty. Dad says he loves everything I'm doing and I don't have to endanger the fishy secret so it's a win-win!  

But anyways, I've rambled. I need to get a move on with getting ready.

"Poppy?" Lisa asks, in a pleading sort of way. 
"Mhm?" I answer.
"Tomorrow can I please wear your denim skirt? I don't have one and Kim and I are going to go to the theme park. I really want to look cool." Wow. I've never heard her ask for something so politely. I'm surprised she didn't just take it.
"Uh, yeah sure. I'm not going to wear it tomorrow." 
"Yay! Thanks Poppy." Lisa says. 
"That was very nice of you Popsy. Okay girls I'm off to the clinic. Text me what time you'll both be home." Dad chimes in before hugging us on the way out. 

Did we just have a civil conversation? Woah. I finish up getting ready and walk to school.

Cleo: I have to babysit Kim at the theme park tomorrow. Anyone care to join me?
Poppy: OMG that sucks! Lisa was telling me about the theme park. I'll tag team ya!
Emma: I'm busy! Sorry Cleo
Rikki: Haha that sucks! I am free but I think I might just enjoy my only child privileges. Let me know if you need my help! See you all at school anyhow
Poppy: See ya! :)
Emma: Be there soon x

As I walk through the gates I spot Drew amongst his friends. Except instead of not catching his eye he spots me and gives me a friendly wave. I wave back and internally freak out. I love my life, I love my life, I love my life! 

I meet up with the girls and Lewis, once we all arrive and just chat about the usual. 

We go through another day at school. It's Friday today and it seemed to go by quickly. I'm glad it did because Cleo and I... and our siblings... get to explore the theme park tomorrow! I'm just about ready to walk home when I hear footsteps running after me. 

"Hey Poppy." Drew calls out. I stop and turn around to face him. Within seconds I can feel my heartbeat out of my chest. This boy makes me so nervous.
"Hi." I say simply with a smile.
"I just wanted to say hi. How are you adjusting to being at a new school?" Drew asks.
"I am very good actually. I'm loving it here on the Gold Coast. Did you grow up here?" 
"Yeah I've been here forever it's almost hard for me to enjoy it. You'll have to show me all the parts you've been liking so I can appreciate it more." he suggests.
"I feel like you have to show me around. You're the local." 
"Well now that you've put it like that." Drew laughs, "it's a date. Tomorrow?"
"I want to say yes but I'm busy. Give me any other day and it's a plan." Shoot does that make me sound desperate. I can't believe we've planning this right now.
"How about I text you?" he suggests to which I nod in agreeance, "bye Poppy!" 

Poppy & Mako [ONGOING]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें